General Discussion (Current Team/Player News) - to the golf course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
so you guys would rather have Ondrej Pavalec? he won 22 games so he must be better than Cory right?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
haha that's crap, you're still on forced block for me. we're probably good now with kovy gone lol

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
so you guys would rather have Ondrej Pavalec? he won 22 games so he must be better than Cory right?

it's not about plucking a cherry picked goalie to make a point. these pavalec types are interchangeable for the most part, that's the point. are you saying we would've finished lower in the standings with pavelac or scrivens or lehner or whoever? I promise you the difference would be negligible...let's not be making tissue babies over schneider. he's great and I hope he stays...but for the right terms

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
it's not about plucking a cherry picked goalie to make a point. these pavalec types are interchangeable for the most part, that's the point. are you saying we would've finished lower in the standings with pavelac or scrivens or lehner or whoever? I promise you the difference would be negligible...let's not be making tissue babies over schneider. he's great and I hope he stays...but for the right terms

what are "the right terms?"

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wow not....he has a career .923 sv% in the NHL....LOL.

Kinkaid hasn't even played two full periods of NHL hockey. If you wanna laugh at save percentages, you can't talk about a guy with that incredibly small sample size.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Wait do you actually think Pavelec is better than Cory?

I think goalies are completely irrelevant.

But he did make more than 400 more saves than Cory did this season.... I wonder what his numbers would look like had he faced the fewest shots in the league?

Funny how much better Lehtonen's numbers got once he got out of Atlantapeg.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pavelec had like a 915 save percentage their last year in Atlanta.

Pavelec has a bad save percentage because he continuously flops and always throws himself out of position.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Pavelec had like a 915 save percentage their last year in Atlanta.

Pavelec has a bad save percentage because he continuously flops and always throws himself out of position.

You mean when they had the most defensive coach they ever had in Craig Ramsey? Who'da thought?

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
We could have traded for any goalie in the league and there would always be a select few who continuously hate on them all because there hero is getting replaced.

Its the Favre/Rodgers situation all over again. The older fans getting angry because the pretty boy from California is taking over for the good ole gunslinger from Mississippi.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kari lehtonen is the most underrated goaltender in the entire league right now. He's better now than when he played for Atlanta. His numbers in Atlanta actually weren't that bad for that team, and they were better than pavelec's.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Except when your entire TEAM is 4-45 including some guys who were above average (Elias, Clowe) coming into this season and both goalies also underperformed their career #'s in the shootout, that doesn't suggest randomness. It suggests it got in their heads.

I disagree. When you consider that 30 teams per season, over many seasons, are participating in that weighted coin flip, you are bound to have several outliers.

Additionally, I remember many of the Devils' attempts this year - shots one inch too low and thus hitting the pad, shots glancing off the post. These aren't things that relate much to confidence. Low confidence to me would like like consistent missed nets, which we didn't do.

The Devils have been in a massive correction over the past two seasons from their unsustainable shootout success from years previous.

BuiltLikeAnOx

Lou has dementia
Oct 22, 2013
Schneider is going to get 8 years at 6.5 million per year...anyone who thinks he would accept less is delusional

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Kari lehtonen is the most underrated goaltender in the entire league right now. He's better now than when he played for Atlanta. His numbers in Atlanta actually weren't that bad for that team, and they were better than pavelec's.

I completely agree - I think he has a chance to actually steal that series too - if they get some scoring.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
That would be the one advantage to trading Schneider. We would be in a much better spot to be the worst team in the league

I would love to see the following done in the offseason

1) Sign Schneider long term
2) Marty retires happily rather than an awkward foray into free agency where he may only see offers as a backup on non-playoff teams
3) Sign Jagr
4) Buy out Volchenkov, Trade Sal and sign Fayne for a few years and Zid for 1
5) Sign Stastny
6) Sign Iginla to a 1 year deal

I'm totally on board with all of this - except maybe the Iginla thing. I'd rather see Boucher.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
we'd have better luck trading Volch than Sal

Captain Pylon is absolutely useless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad