General Discussion (All Team/Player News/UFA Talk) - Offseason thread part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hell, if 2008 had a re-draft, Henrique could go in the top-10.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_NHL_Entry_Draft

Maybe if I had more time I'd go though it for the giggles but right now I'd definitely put Stamkos, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Karlsson and Eberle above Henrique, among the first-rounders at least. It's close though...Nyquist in round 4 is another definite above Henrique.

Jesus I've heard of maybe two of these third-rounders other than Henrique though, what a pile of suck. When we kill Conte for the misses he should get credit for that. Unless you're gonna armchair GM him and everyone else for missing Nyquist through four rounds.

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
Just keep away from euros a couple of years now in the draft. At least in the first few rounds.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I think he's just implying that we have trouble finding the gems

Still doesn't mean they should stay away from them. Drafting someone lower on whatever their list is just because of their nationality is not the way to go, and I also doubt they would even consider doing that lol.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
If Nashville offers us the 11th overall for Henrique, would you do it?

I think I'd do it pretty easily.

no not even, we have a good 2 C/lw in Henrique. He has shown a knack for scoring the last few seasons. No need to trade for uncertainty

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
thats a terrible idea. theres no good european drafted players in the league?

Yes there is. But we havnt had any luck with the euros lately and havnt developed them right either. So go for north americans. Seems we have maybe better scouts here?

Maybe what im trying to say here is, dont draft smallish euros. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad