OT: General College Hockey Talk

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I was hoping State would make it, more so that it's a return for a once prominent program that is finally back on the upswing.
Same, re: Sparty. They'll be returning nearly the entire team next year so they should be well in the mix.

As for Michigan; I gotta say that was impressive how they rolled, especially after losing Seamus Casey. I think they've had the most difficult path to the FF this year.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Tommy Scarfone and Carter Wilkie both entered the transfer portal :(

I was somewhat expecting Wilkie to go pro and was prepared for him leaving - but I think a poor game vs BU convinced teams to tell him to go face higher competition next year.

Scarfone came a bit out of left field. I knew pro was a possibility if they went on a miracle run, but I definitely did not see him entering the transfer portal. Again, I suspect scouts/agents/teams are in his ear to go play in a more difficult conference for a year and see what his prospects are after next year.

All I know is RIT would have been super dangerous next year even if just Scarfone stayed....now there's a lot of pressure on their two freshmen they are bringing in in net - although I also would expect someone to come in via the portal...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Chainshot

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
The portal is out of control in hockey. Like 10 players each from the alaska schools - tons of goalies in the AHA (not just Scarfone)....unfortunately we can't go back to the year of sitting out to transfer at this point.
'
I know part of it is the 5th year of eligibility from COVID when most degrees take 4 years - that's ending after this year so hopefully things calm down a little. I don't think all this movement is great for the sport. A joke I saw elsewhere is that college teams are going to have to start hiring GM's :rolleyes:

Last edited:

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Good start to the Frozen Four with the younger Tuch (with a better choice of school) getting a shorty.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
BC doesn’t look like it would be tremendously out of place playing pro hockey.
I'd pick them to beat the Leafs in the first round of the playoffs😆

Michigan looked pretty good in the first but they need to dial up the physical play. They'll need to be greezy to get a goal against Fowler.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Man, I never thought I'd say I miss Barry Melrose as a commentator. Even when it seemed he was getting a little senile he did better than Buccigross' repeated muppet commentary and Colby Cohen using virtually any situation as a segue to repeat how he won a title in '09.

Play a drinking game during the finals where you have to chug every time Cohen mentions his natty.

Reactions: Chainshot

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I'm glad Denver will get a shot at BC rather than another BC-BU matchup. Denver had defensive/goaltender issues early in the season but really tightened it down late in the regular season and into the various playoffs. Deserving finalist for sure.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Denver is the first to 10 championships. Matt Davis just went beast mode all tournament, gotta be one of the greatest goaltending runs of all time.

Reactions: RabidBadger

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Ya just hate to see Cutter Gauthier lose after boasting he would score multiple goals tonight and there would be a lot of tears on the other (Denver's) side.

Zeev Buium is going to be a very good draft pick for someone. Anyone else hear him drop the F-Bomb in the post game interview?😆

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad