Arrested: General Arrested/Conduct Thread Part 3

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
what the actual f***

this really bothers me at all levels. entirely avoidable and unbelievably tragic.
theres just way too many ways to avoid this:

1. maybe don't be out at 3:40am, nothing good is going to happen what are you doing out at 3:40am by yourself, there is no way that ends in a good way

2. get an uber, lyft, or hell just knock on some dude's door, they give you a ride for free since you're a raider

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
wasnt that story a bit different? like the guy was a pedestrian jaywalking in the dark or something like that?
Yes, it was a guy running into the middle of the street late a night because he wanted to catch a bus. Even the police report said a sober person would have still run the guy over.

Reactions: Voight

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
And the salute he does in the end zone is to honor his HS teammate who was killed in by a drunk driver…

His friend Rod Scott was killed in a car crash, yes, but drunk driving was not a factor. Get your facts straight.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
throw the book at him.

My gut says it is unlikely to happen. There's a part of me that doesn't think he'll see any real jail time. They are charging him with DUI resulting in death which is a class b felony here, 2-20 years. But there's not a reason for him to fight the charge. I would assume that he pleas it down to a lesser charge; Vehicular manslaughter is a misdemeanor here with a max jail sentence of 6 months, I believe.

He's a first time offender, as well, I think.

My gut says he has a bunch of community service, fines and driver's license revoked.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
My gut says it is unlikely to happen. There's a part of me that doesn't think he'll see any real jail time. They are charging him with DUI resulting in death which is a class b felony here, 2-20 years. But there's not a reason for him to fight the charge. I would assume that he pleas it down to a lesser charge; Vehicular manslaughter is a misdemeanor here with a max jail sentence of 6 months, I believe.

My gut says he has a bunch of community service, fines and driver's license revoked.
this is what i'm expecting as well

and he'll probably be back in the league sometime in the future

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014

Of course..he’s rich and can get the best legal council there is. He won’t do time.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Stuff like this reminds me why I don't drink anymore. You get to a certain point and your brain turns off. You are no longer a conscious human. Horrible news. And for the victim who likely burned to death.. I don't even know how to respond to that aspect. Unbelievable. Just in your car one second, then it's all over.

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
Stuff like this reminds me why I don't drink anymore. You get to a certain point and your brain turns off. You are no longer a conscious human. Horrible news. And for the victim who likely burned to death.. I don't even know how to respond to that aspect. Unbelievable. Just in your car one second, then it's all over.
Props to you. You are 100% right. When intoxicated, our brain doesn't work the same way and we think we are invincible and nothing can happen to us.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Props to you. You are 100% right. When intoxicated, our brain doesn't work the same way and we think we are invincible and nothing can happen to us.
I don't disagree with what you're saying but I've been completely wasted a lot and never once tried to drive. I know a lot of people who can say the same. Some people are just stupid and/or can't handle drinking alcohol.

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
I don't disagree with what you're saying but I've been completely wasted a lot and never once tried to drive. I know a lot of people who can say the same. Some people are just stupid and/or can't handle drinking alcohol.
Oh yeah, sorry if I was not clear enough, but I am not saying nobody should drink again, because me too I got completely wasted many times, and I never drove my car after. Was simply giving some props to the guy who said he stopped drinking.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Apr 9, 2009
USA

Yeah, I said that until I blacked out and drove. It's not about "handling" your alcohol when you're blackout drunk. You've already "not handled" your alcohol at that point.

I'm not trying to be a dad. You do you. I'm just saying I said the exact same thing and it still happened.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I'll never understand how driver never gets seriously hurt in these kinds of situations. Everyone gets seriously hurt or dies, but never the drunk person. I just don't get it.
Drunks don't tense up or brace for impact which actually lowers the likelihood of suffering bodily harm oddly enough.

Reactions: Btlegend082

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Yeah, I said that until I blacked out and drove. It's not about "handling" your alcohol when you're blackout drunk. You've already "not handled" your alcohol at that point.

I'm not trying to be a dad. You do you. I'm just saying I said the exact same thing and it still happened.
Saying can't handle your alcohol was a poor choice of words but alcohol does effect people differently. I got blackout drunk several times when I was younger but simply never attempted to drive. I know some people who have including a few who paid for it with their life. Not saying I haven't done some dumb things while drunk. I'm nearly 40 now and don't really drink much anymore tho.

Btlegend082

Jun 23, 2021
Drunks don't tense up or brace for impact which actually lowers the likelihood of suffering bodily harm oddly enough.
Can vouch for this cant speak for drunks but spent 10+ years racing on local short tracks and have totaled my fair share of cars and there is a art to wrecking and taking your hands off the wheel (its good) and even instinct to plant your feet before impact and push yourself back in the seat to brace is horrible and how you break feet, ankles and legs. Some times less instinct and thinking is good and unfortunately its the drinkers that do its.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
This is horrible.

A guy with a $16M contract can’t hire a cab, Uber or limo in Vegas.

I believe the NFL actually has its own Black Car/ride share network and it’s free for the players to avoid this exact scenario, which makes it worse

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad