TV: General Anime Discussion (Part 3)

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I've really enjoyed Mushoku Tensei. Not my favorite genre so I have been pleasantly surprised. Season 2 was a bit slow but it's been good enough. Overall I've really enjoyed the character and world building along with the pacing in general and the underlying plots that have developed.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Will be interesting to see if the changes they made to Bleach in the finale mean anything or if they just undermine all of it in the first episode of the next season.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Will be interesting to see if the changes they made to Bleach in the finale mean anything or if they just undermine all of it in the first episode of the next season.
I will be claiming ignorance since I actually have no clue how Bleach truly ends as I never really got around to reading the manga, but I am curious about what happens with Burn the Witch. I randomly watched the series before knowing that it takes place in the same universe (and timeline?) as Bleach. It felt like a better and more well-rounded version of RWBY (talking about the actual web series and not the anime version).

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
So I forgot about it and I kinda hate it when Netflix puts up an entire series all at once, but Pluto is out.

VelvetVortex

Oct 6, 2023
This show is so good! It's a bit slow start, but somehow it just keeps you hooked. These last few episodes have been amazing. So happy this will be reportedly 28 consecutive episodes.
This is an interesting anime! I just watched the trailer and loved it. I'm so grateful to have something new to binge-watch over the holidays. Thanks for sharing!! 😊

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

My understanding is changes will keep coming. Kubo wasn't happy with how the Manga ended due to being rushed to finish it so this anime is meant to be closer to what he always intended.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Less than 72hrs until the end of an era.

Still wondering what, if any, changes are going to be made from the manga, in the finale.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
So I'm not a manga reader but it seems like most of the manga was kept intact for AoT's ending. I'm still very confused about what erens plan and reasoning are.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Just finished AoT final and I liked it. It was the best episode of the show, but i thought it wrapped up well. Always knew what the outcome had to be.

Overall this has been my favourite piece of fiction and what started my love for anime few years ago. Really bittersweet feeling right now.
So I'm not a manga reader but it seems like most of the manga was kept intact for AoT's ending. I'm still very confused about what erens plan and reasoning are.
What I understood, it was for the Paradis people to have an equal ground against the outside people (same population, Paradis are the heroes etc). The future was set already but this way he was able to give his friends the chance to live normal lives.
Ymir was the one destroying the world, but that might be hard to prove to the non-Eldians, so he made himself the enemy.

Last edited:
Reactions: PALE PWNR

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Any announcement on when AoT dub will be out?

Blue Eyed Samurai is amazing. Same with Scavengers Reign. Not sure if they are really “anime”, but they are top notch TV shows.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Pretty simple.

He was a garden variety idiot (his own words) that got his hands on god-like power. His sole reasoning to do what he did was to protect Mikasa, Armin, and Paradis, that's it. Unfortunately, after he kissed Historia's hand, he head got f***ed up bad, real bad.

The past, present, and future (countless futures) all became one. He witnessed the destruction of his friends and Paradis, and a continuation of war and conflict if he didn't commit total genocide.

TLDR; killing all of humanity, and the planet, was the answer he could foresee that would protect his friends. But he didn't see any of the other options because he allowed his inherit anger and violent tendencies to shape what he saw. I believe that had he been a more peaceful person, he would have seen more peaceful outcomes. As Kenney said, everyone is a slave to something. In Eren's case, he was a slave to the idea of freedom. A complete and utter f***ed up vision of freedom mind you, created by his aggressive and uncompromising nature.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I was able to watch Suzume since it came to Crunchyroll over the weekend. Amazing movie, not Your Name or Weathering With You good, but definitely parts in this one that made it better than those two. I thought this was a lot more emotional since it tied the story unbelievably well with the Tsunami that hit in 2011 and you feel that pain in this one. My only complaint was that because the story had so many elements, I felt that to accomplish everything that had to be done, the story was rushed. Suzume had to rush to "x" very fast, then to "y" very fast, and then to "z" very fast. The movie itself is quite long for an animated movie running at 2 hours and 2 minutes, but I think it needed another 15 minutes to make the story run smoothly. It felt quite rushed at times due to the sake of progressing everything that had to be said for the story to make sense, but still an easy 9/10. The animation is f***ing amazing, I cannot understand how incredible they were able to make the animation.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
I was able to watch Suzume since it came to Crunchyroll over the weekend. Amazing movie, not Your Name or Weathering With You good, but definitely parts in this one that made it better than those two. I thought this was a lot more emotional since it tied the story unbelievably well with the Tsunami that hit in 2011 and you feel that pain in this one. My only complaint was that because the story had so many elements, I felt that to accomplish everything that had to be done, the story was rushed. Suzume had to rush to "x" very fast, then to "y" very fast, and then to "z" very fast. The movie itself is quite long for an animated movie running at 2 hours and 2 minutes, but I think it needed another 15 minutes to make the story run smoothly. It felt quite rushed at times due to the sake of progressing everything that had to be said for the story to make sense, but still an easy 9/10. The animation is f***ing amazing, I cannot understand how incredible they were able to make the animation.
It looked really good on the big screen. I think I rated this a bit below Weathering With You, but I'll have a re-watch this week if it's finally out online. I think the potential to reach that level is there (Your Name being in a league of it's own)

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Can't believe it has taken me so long, but I finally watched the two Violet Evergarden movies.

Absolutely one of the best anime shows ever and definitely one of my favorites, but I guess I just never picked these up and then I unsubscribed from Netflix and here we are. I'll put this in spoilers just in case someone hasn't seen them:
I hated that Gilbert was alive and that's where the story went/ended. While the show + movies still show greatly how Violet has progressed and grown as a human, I just feel like it ruins so many emotional scenes from the show. Also the fact that Violet was like 10 years old when they met and Gilbert is like 15 years older, makes their romance really uncomfortable. Yes it was implied through the whole show, but I would've preferred it to be left into interpretation.

Eternity and the Auto Memory Doll I absolutely loved. Amazing movie, lots of emotions and the stories for the characters were so well done.

For the 2020 Movie, other than the reasons said above, the movie was really good. Even the story around meeting Gilbert was done well. The growth in Violet we see when Yuris is dying and the letters need to be sent, Violet is ready to leave Gilbert and fulfill her promise.
I really liked the future POV that we got as well, I thought it was really nice touch.

All in all, this journey gets a 10/10 from me and this definitely is one of those must see animes for everyone, not just anime enjoyers. If for nothing else then the amazing work by Kyoto Animation and the beautiful OST by Evan Call.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Any announcement on when AoT dub will be out?

Blue Eyed Samurai is amazing. Same with Scavengers Reign. Not sure if they are really “anime”, but they are top notch TV shows.

I searched HFBoards for "Scavengers Reign" and this is the only post.

This series drew me in because I love sci-fi and the animation style really intrigued me. I then watched the short that this series was based on.

Basically, the series is just going from Point A to Point B on an alien planet. But I very much enjoyed it.

If they ever release an "Art Of" book I'll be buying it.

Any word as to if they're making a second season?

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I searched HFBoards for "Scavengers Reign" and this is the only post.

This series drew me in because I love sci-fi and the animation style really intrigued me. I then watched the short that this series was based on.

Basically, the series is just going from Point A to Point B on an alien planet. But I very much enjoyed it.

If they ever release an "Art Of" book I'll be buying it.

Any word as to if they're making a second season?
Nothing announced for s2. Would be a shame if they didn’t bring it back.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad