GBU Gee, Bee, Whew. Sabres 5 - Devils 4

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
The one game that had a desired end result, and I have to miss it.

Where did I go? Russell's Of Course!

$90 for a round of drinks though; the Scottish in me is still out of sorts!!

1679769100998.png

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Devils model is a good one to follow in my opinion and you have some great prospects that you did not have to give up from Meier in the pipeline to come, this is a very good sign for you.

We are hopeful to get D Johnson from Minnesota (NCAA) when their season is over (he could also choose to go FA) but must at least add 1 if not 2 nhl caliber defensenmen and make changes to our special teams.

We also have some very good prospects in our pipeline coming in Devon Levi (debut Monday perhaps), Savoie, Kulich, etc. Missing out on top 4 D at the deadline was a disappointment for most Sabre fans (and perhaps the team).

Looks like Vanecek has really settled in nicely for you. Our goalteding has been scary bad for a few years now. Levi is a very good prospect but you do not want to put a team on the back of the kid either (like Knight or Hart) so I hope Adam's finally learns he has to get a quality keeper. Demko or Vehmelka would be a good target in a dream summer ?

Maybe you can let us have Wood or a PK guy this summer ? :laugh: Who are you hoping to match up against in the playoffs ?

Seeing Lindy doing so well is great, his goalie change nearly paid off in the end as it stopped the bleeding. I'm glad they had patience with him rather the usual NHL carousel. And as you might agree, Brunette to your staff was a great add.

Finally, got to see the Boss this week here. Thanks to NJ for the E Street Band! What a treasure.

I like Vanecek but I definitely do think he's a band-aid for us. Need a stud goalie to compete for the cup in my opinion, people would point to Kuemper but he's had a better career than Vanecek + looks better on a worse Washington roster than Vanecek was ever on. As for the playoffs question, I'm just happy to be back man and I'm pretty sure the fanbase would echo that sentiment. They way they've played our fanbase should back them in any series even against Boston if it that's a loss. I actually think I want the Rags round 1 but every matchup truly has it's pros and cons, think the Leafs/Panthers are NJD's worst matchups. And you guys can definitely have Wood, he's been pretty meh after he got caked by Romanov back in November. Sharangovich would be a good target for you guys.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad