GDT: Yotes @ Preds 7 pm Birthday Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Man, I fell asleep at 7pm tonight and woke up at 9:30 (way too much partying in Nashville this weekend). Looks like a missed a great 1st period and overall a decent game. Who all stood out both negative and positive?

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Man, I fell asleep at 7pm tonight and woke up at 9:30 (way too much partying in Nashville this weekend). Looks like a missed a great 1st period and overall a decent game. Who all stood out both negative and positive?

wilson looked great to me.. liked bourque's game. stalbergs speed really showed in transition. defense was kind of blah for me. lots of mistakes from jones mainly trying to do too much when pinching in offensive zone. mazanec played great except for first goal was a squeaker five hole.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Random photos from tonight's game.

Pregame skate wearing the camo auction jersey's, guy proudly wearing his Suter jersey (later seen locked outside the building), our servicemen repelling from the rafters, Military Monday, 2nd period puck drop, empty netter celebration, Frosty's for all, Maz mobbed, 1st Star GB giving Stu the 411.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I did post something in Yotes thread not what I wanted to say, but hopefully I got the message across.

A nice ending to my birthday.

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
Yeah screw the yotes. I used to like them because they were kinda the same team as us. Good goaltending with less than stellar offensive weapons that always exceeded expectations.

gratefulpred

Eternal Optimist
Jun 27, 2011
Almo Heights, KY
Woo Hoo! Just got home and that drive in nowhere near as long when we have the W!

Game got a little nerve racking in the second and stayed that way in the third but a win is a win.

Good games boys, see you on Turkey Day!

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Big saves by Mazanec in the third. He just looks so cool and calm in the net. That flurry with about 1:30 left was way too close!

Nice bank shot by Weber. So the only way the Preds can score an empty net goal is to do it by blindly slapping it off the glass from nearly 200 feet away. Got it.

I think if Wilson had one more breakaway he just may have scored.

Great goal from Bourque, and the pass from Stalberg was really nice.

Good bounce back WIN!

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I'll say two things about their gdt.

Remember that time we were a welfare team averaging 8k a night and couldn't find anyone wanting to buy us? Yeah, me neither.

Remember that game last night the yotes won? Yeah, me neither.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Some big wins the past few weeks. If we can get everyone back healthy and be consistent. We could be a good team.
Sounds like things got chippy on the boards. Glad i wasn't around to get callled for flaming or other infraction.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Wilson may have only scored one point, but he was the best player on the ice last night. He made OEL look terrible on several plays, and OEL is a legit Norris contender this year.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Wilson may have only scored one point, but he was the best player on the ice last night. He made OEL look terrible on several plays, and OEL is a legit Norris contender this year.

Got to turn that play into games like Colorado. Got to finish a wide open breakway if you're as talented as Colin Wilson

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Got to turn that play into games like Colorado. Got to finish a wide open breakway if you're as talented as Colin Wilson

I was thinking the same thing. It's been good to see Wilson's skill set evolve, and he looks really good so far, but until he consistently capitalizes on the situations he creates by putting the puck in the net I think it'll just be an endless stream of what-ifs..

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I was thinking the same thing. It's been good to see Wilson's skill set evolve, and he looks really good so far, but until he consistently capitalizes on the situations he creates by putting the puck in the net I think it'll just be an endless stream of what-ifs..

this x 100000000

a lot of people who know a lot more about hockey than me are impressed with his play, but we need a lot more goals and assists from him, period.

you have to hope that if he keeps playing well, the goals will come... but they still need to come, and sooner rather than later

Shea Weber

May 13, 2011
Nashville

Remember that time we were a welfare team averaging 8k a night and couldn't find anyone wanting to buy us? Yeah, me neither.

+1.

I'm still giggling at this.

6a00d8341e3add53ef011571d3fbd1970b-800wi

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
I thought last night was not a very good game for Jones.

and two passes that led to goals are not getting enough kudos. The first where Ellis had the beauty of a first pass to start the scoring sequence was pretty damn sweet. Cullen and Smith got assists after their shots, but Ellis deserved an assist there.

And the Bourque goal. Legwand got the second assist but it was an awesome pass to Stalberg

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013

ICYMI

James Gordon ‏@SensReporter 22 Nov
Tally of Phoenix Coyotes losses the NHL covered between 2009 to just prior to sale, according to court docs: $112,708,322.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad