GDT: Yotes @ Preds 7 pm Birthday Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
If the league didn't take those steps with Phoenix they would lose all ability to control where its franchises go.

I get the league stepping in. I do not get the league allowing the Coyotes to spend a pretty lucrative amount of cash during some of those years in regards to extensions. Yandle and Doan and Smith stand out.

Have you looked at there non hockey event calendar through the end of the season ? ... lol at the usage of that arena

4 total non-hockey events
damn, they get PJ????

When was the last PJ show here? 2000 (not counting bonnaroo)?

Edit: looking further into that calendar, there are like 5 months where NOTHING is going on there. yeesh.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Have you looked at there non hockey event calendar through the end of the season ? ... lol at the usage of that arena

Jerry Moyes screwed the team when he owned it and his legacy is nothing but pain. The real estate development never came to fruition ... the arena is not convenient for much of the fanbase ... there are too many venues in the area in competition for non-hockey events. That said, it isn't a bad place to catch a game then get a few drinks afterwards.

I get the league stepping in. I do not get the league allowing the Coyotes to spend a pretty lucrative amount of cash during some of those years in regards to extensions. Yandle and Doan and Smith stand out.

Yet they remained in the bottom third of cap spending year after year. Doan's $5.3 mil hit is cheap compared to similar career performers and less than he would have gotten on the open market.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

even as 101 pointed out that they were still in the bottom 3rd, the other thing is they had to maintain a product that someone would want to buy… a gutted, guaranteed last place franchise isn't going to sell for as much as a contending franchise with some marketable stars

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site

It's because there are plenty of other venues in Phoenix, including the much more centrally located US airways center, which will have JT and Beyonce is the coming weeks. Building an arena in Glendale is one of the worst sports business decisions made in recent times. And only getting out of the first round once didn't help either, but that arena location will be an obstacle they will never overcome.

I'm not sure what Jobing.com's non hockey events schedule has to do with anything.

Preds fans should be the last one's to laughing at the a struggling franchise. If not for our revenue sharing welfare check, Bettman's instance to keep hockey in Nashville, off-ice event subsides, and tax payer subsidies, we wouldn't have a a team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad