Movies: GDT: The 95th Oscars

Sep 19, 2008
Navalny is a readlly good movie. Would strongly recommend.

Just curious, do you all watch the ceremony? I stopped almost 10 years ago, and I merely keep track of the winners via IMDB.
well yes, to see what people wear, what might happen like a slap, and see acceptance speeches

Reactions: nameless1

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I've seen EEAAO and Wakanda Forever and Angel Bassett had easily the more memorable performance. Stephanie Hsu was better than JLC in EEAAO for me.

"Or at least without Hitch..." :laugh:

Yeah, Curtis' win is more of a Lifetime Achievement Award type of deal. I liked Hsu's performance more too.

Bassett has long been overlooked, but she is merely adequate in Black Panther. She has had better performances in the past.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah, Curtis' win is more of a Lifetime Achievement Award type of deal. I liked Hsu's performance more too.

Bassett has long been overlooked, but she is merely adequate in Black Panther. She has had better performances in the past.
Yeah but ask yourself: take out Angela from WK and it becomes an inferior movie. Would the same happen with EEAAO if you take out JLC?

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Yeah but ask yourself: take out Angela from WK and it becomes an inferior movie. Would the same happen with EEAAO if you take out JLC?

Does it though? For full disclosure, I would have loved to see her win, because she has been amongst the best for over two decades now, and I truly believe she is on the level of Viola Davis, Alfre Woodard, and Julianne Moore, who do not give bad performances in any capacity, but I am just not impressed with this one. She simply hits all the right notes, nothing more, nothing less. Personally, I think any half-decent actress could have done what she did, but that is more on the script than her actual talent. Like you alluded, there is very little for her to bite into, and her character is also well-established for years now, so she did the best she could. It is what it is.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I don't get the love for All Quiet on the Western Front. It's the only one I actually saw but I thought it was fairly unremarkable.

Reactions: kihei

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
If ever a movie deserved an editing award, it sure is Everything Everywhere All at Once.

The Daniels win. Cate Blanchett is praticing her gracious loser look.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad