OT: GDT: Super Bowl 48 | Seattle High on Life.... Take The Bowl

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
:rant:
I don't know what you mean!

[:) you know we're buds. but I don't understand this stupid game!]

if i told you i understood what you told me... would you believe me. it's like you guys are speaking Russian

HAHAHA
ok after a touchdown a team is given 2 options to add extra points. (a conversion)
1 for a fieldgoal 2 for a touchdown. teams normally go for the feildgoal because it is much easier. Here Denver needed more points so the went for the second touchdown.

Cant real explain the safety stuff any better I'm not much of a football guy.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
:rant:
I don't know what you mean!

[:) you know we're buds. but I don't understand this stupid game!]

After a touchdown, the ball goes to the 2 yard line with the team that just scored having possession. From there, they have 2 choices:

1. Get another touchdown worth 2 pts.
2. Kick a field goal only worth 1 pt.

They only have one try at it though.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
HAHAHA
ok after a touchdown a team is given 2 options to add extra points. (a conversion)
1 for a fieldgoal 2 for a touchdown. teams normally go for the feildgoal because it is much easier. Here Denver needed more points so the went for the second fieldgoal.

After a touchdown, the ball goes to the 2 yard line with the team that just scored having possession. From there, they have 2 choices:

1. Get another touchdown worth 2 pts.
2. Kick a field goal only worth 1 pt.

They only have one try at it though.

ooh
thank you :)

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

Safety either means:

1. 2 positions in football (free safety and strong safety) who play on the back end on defense and are responsible for pass coverage and covering receivers (making sure balls are caught). Also responsible for trying to intercept the ball if possible.

2. 2 pt score if a player goes into their own endzone and gets tackled, sort of like an own goal (except catching a kick/punt in the endzone).

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Safety either means:

1. 2 positions in football (free safety and strong safety) who play on the back end on defense and are responsible for pass coverage and covering receivers (making sure balls are caught). Also responsible for trying to intercept the ball if possible.

2. 2 pt score if a player goes into their own endzone and gets tackled, sort of like an own goal (except catching a kick/punt in the endzone).

That is what I said but I think you explained it a bit better.

Toque*

A lot of people seemed so upset at the Bar I was at. Everyone was acting like they have been Denver fans for life!

Super bowl is the biggest mass collections of bandwagoners of any sport.

They should change the name to Super "bandwagon" Bowl. Pick your new favourite team every year!! Yay!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
okay.. isn't it possible that Denver can come back?
everyone is acting like this is over.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Remember a few years when Bruce Springsteen performed and didn't do Born in the USA, probably the one near slam dunk of his songs as far as his playlist predictions go? Yeah...

Why would he perform a song protesting American politics at America's biggest annual event?

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
This is the worst NFL game i saw in my life. I would think the comissioner is not really pleased, very bad publicity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad