OT: GDT: Super Bowl 48 | Seattle High on Life.... Take The Bowl

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
1511361_811442612215236_1274782862_n.jpg

1662471_10202452826595158_1480245488_n.jpg

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
i don't think they got ANY in the two weeks leading up for this. everyone was all "broncos, broncos"

True, but I heard the beat on the street was Seattle late.

I'm an old fashioned guy when it comes to sports, defence wins championships, offence wins popularity contests. ;)

Still if you told me that it would have been this one sided? I would not have believed it.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
world champion?
what's with america and world-champion everything.

in Hockey we're just awesome. you have to win the world championships to win the world championships :laugh:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Wow. I thought Bettman was bad. this guy is horrible.
and why does the owner get the trophy first?

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
so do they just decide to run off the clock?

YAY! my team won!

Yeah. Once Seattle gained possession of the ball they just let the clock wind down because there's no way Broncos are coming back from that hole.

I was rooting for Seattle but was disappointed by the lack of competition the Broncos provided Seattle. Seattle made them look like they didn't even belong on the same field as them. Just completely outdone in every category tonight.

Last year the 49ers at least managed to make a strong comeback in the second half and make the game exciting. This was pretty flat.

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
Got busy and forgot about the game. Finally sat down to watch it and realized I was missing nothing this year. Never would have guessed this result.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I wouldn't be watching First Take tomorrow. Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith will be even more unbearable than usual, especially Skip.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I don't get it. Like what other sport just runs down the clock and has players walk off the field with over 1 minute left. Then reporters start rushing the field and the clock is still ticking. How is that professional? It's like an NHL team just skating off the ice onto the bench with 1 minute left in the game

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
From the first couple of plays you could tell the Seahawks defense was dominant.

Big, fast, mean all as a unit.

The game was over right there.

Jacob8hockey*

I don't get it. Like what other sport just runs down the clock and has players walk off the field with over 1 minute left. Then reporters start rushing the field and the clock is still ticking. How is that professional? It's like an NHL team just skating off the ice onto the bench with 1 minute left in the game

Because at a certain point it is impossible to win and you can run the clock. Everyone knew at the beginning of the 4th quarter that it would have been the biggest comeback in sports if Denver came back. It wasn't happening.

Anyways, Toronto needs to get their NFL already so I can finally get a team to officially support. I don't want to support a team and then all of a sudden we get a team.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

They took a knee. They would just be standing around for the next 40 seconds anyway.

Jacob8hockey*

world champion?

in Hockey we're just awesome. you have to win the world championships to win the world championships :laugh:

Because it is the world championships. Its just that the world consists of NA and soon England.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
world champion?

Well, you could have an argument about Baseball or Basketball but for American Football it's pretty much the case.

That Seahawks defense would destroy any team you can muster outside the US.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad