OT: GDT: Super Bowl 48 | Seattle High on Life.... Take The Bowl

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
I don't get it. Like what other sport just runs down the clock and has players walk off the field with over 1 minute left. Then reporters start rushing the field and the clock is still ticking. How is that professional? It's like an NHL team just skating off the ice onto the bench with 1 minute left in the game

It's all to fit TV, have mutated the game so much it's a shadow of the NFL of the 70 s and 80's. A lot of the rules have been shaped to make the game more attractive to the networks. The immense profits and undeniable popularity have led to the tidy packages that now span all the media and attract advertisers which is why the commercials are becoming as big a story as the game. This is what Gary Bettman dreams the NHL can be. Perish the thought.

StringsAttached

BPD Nation!
Oct 1, 2013
Vaughan, ON
The superbowl is the only game I watch. Don't get me wrong Football is a very intelligent game, kind of like chess but it's far too slow. There's maybe 10 minutes of actual playing time in an entire game that being said I can only enjoy it after a couple of drinks.

Remuskokafication

Jul 7, 2008
Scarborough
Because it is the world championships. Its just that the world consists of NA and soon England.

I looked this up because I didn't understand.

As someone who has never watched a quarter of football, and has only been to the USA once as a small child, the idea offends me to my core and is down right unAmerican.

You can't have a limey team in the nfl!

Jacob8hockey*

I looked this up because I didn't understand.

As someone who has never watched a quarter of football, and has only been to the USA once as a small child, the idea offends me to my core and is down right unAmerican.

You can't have a limey team in the nfl!

Haha well its sounds as if the next 2 NFL franchises are going to be in London, England and Toronto, Canada.

And it would work too considering there is only 1 'game' per week per team and the games are more of an event then anything.

Don't get me wrong, I don't follow the NFL too much but I would like to and I understand why so many people do. It really is very simple to do so. Your team plays 16 games, and a large portion would be on Sunday. That is very easy for the casual fan to follow unlike the NHL, NBA, and especially the MLB.

It also builds up more anticipation for the games in my opinion.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Haha well its sounds as if the next 2 NFL franchises are going to be in London, England and Toronto, Canada.

And it would work too considering there is only 1 'game' per week per team and the games are more of an event then anything.

Don't get me wrong, I don't follow the NFL too much but I would like to and I understand why so many people do. It really is very simple to do so. Your team plays 16 games, and a large portion would be on Sunday. That is very easy for the casual fan to follow unlike the NHL, NBA, and especially the MLB.

It also builds up more anticipation for the games in my opinion.

trust me.
i am a casual fan of football.

Football

my head

ungentrified

Jan 18, 2013
Pete Carroll is straight pimpin' :
WgTHA2Y.gif

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
The superbowl is the only game I watch. Don't get me wrong Football is a very intelligent game, kind of like chess but it's far too slow. There's maybe 10 minutes of actual playing time in an entire game that being said I can only enjoy it after a couple of drinks.

I read an article a while back that there is actually 11minutes of playing time and 57% of the footage is just reviews along with like 15% commercials. Its unreal, bravo to people that watch the whole 4 hours.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
I read an article a while back that there is actually 11minutes of playing time and 57% of the footage is just reviews along with like 15% commercials. Its unreal, bravo to people that watch the whole 4 hours.

Football is one of those sports I can't watch at home by myself, I have to be at a bar or the actual game itself to enjoy it, because then at that point I'm more engulfed in the atmosphere than anything. But going to a game is real fun, especially college games.

Bluejaysfan*

Football is one of those sports I can't watch at home by myself, I have to be at a bar or the actual game itself to enjoy it, because then at that point I'm more engulfed in the atmosphere than anything. But going to a game is real fun, especially college games.

I feel the same way about baseball and I love the sport. I just cannot watch it by myself. Football and Baseball are both sports where actually being at the stadium is a lot better than watching it on TV. I actually prefer watching basketball games on TV. Hockey is either way.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
If I'm being honest, this SuperBowl commercial worked. It made me want to buy a Budweiser Red Light for the Olympics.

Also, it turns out that thing flying across the air is actually real and will be introduced during the Olympics! It would be fun to see in front of the ACC when the Leafs score in the playoffs (assuming they make it), it would make it better than last season.

Source: Click for details

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
Well, you could have an argument about Baseball or Basketball but for American Football it's pretty much the case.

That Seahawks defense would destroy any team you can muster outside the US.

But isn't Canada the only country other then the US that actually cares for football?

Edit: I mean playing wise, not watching.

Last edited:

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Glad I didn't waste a second of my life on this game. Had to laugh when the news guy said this morning "the most entertaining part was the national anthem".

:laugh:

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009

These are statistics but I don't know if it's for yesterday's game

WI818TU.png

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
These are statistics but I don't know if it's for yesterday's game

WI818TU.png

I think Baseball has even less game action.

Wasn't much of a game but it's been a while since you could say that about a Super Bowl, would have been worse had Denver won.

I love Football, watched every snap.

meenamjah

Apr 8, 2012

PVR + 30 sec skip button ftw

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
If I'm being honest, this SuperBowl commercial worked. It made me want to buy a Budweiser Red Light for the Olympics.

Also, it turns out that thing flying across the air is actually real and will be introduced during the Olympics! It would be fun to see in front of the ACC when the Leafs score in the playoffs (assuming they make it), it would make it better than last season.

Source: Click for details

Jim hughson's boring voice ruined that video for me. Only he can turn an exciting reenactment of canada beating russia into a snorefest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad