Tipsport Arena (13160), Prague

Streams:
KHL.RU; onhockey.ru

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
I have a bad feeling and predict another loss for Slovan, perhaps with 1 point. I think Slovan will get out of the crisis eventually, just not yet today.

Don't know if you all heard the bad news: Slovan's 1st line center Bližňák is out for a few weeks with a knee injury. That's for a team that got shut out in 3 out of 5 games so far. Essentially, 4 Slovan forwards will be "junior" players. Last season, 2 rookie forwards used to be the norm. Now, it's an entire attacking line + 1, 2 more rookies on other lines. They are not bad players, they are all very promising, but still very young and inexperienced at the KHL level. It will take time.

I hope Riga will win in the battle of 2 Dinamos. I hope Torpedo can do the same in Prague they did in Bratislava. Will there be more than 2,400 viewers in Prague this time? I also predict Yugra, Avangard & CSKA wins.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
I have a bad feeling and predict another loss for Slovan, perhaps with 1 point. I think Slovan will get out of the crisis eventually, just not yet today.

Don't know if you all heard the bad news: Slovan's 1st line center Bližňák is out for a few weeks with a knee injury. That's for a team that got shut out in 3 out of 5 games so far. Essentially, 4 Slovan forwards will be "junior" players. Last season, 2 rookie forwards used to be the norm. Now, it's an entire attacking line + 1, 2 more rookies on other lines. They are not bad players, they are all very promising, but still very young and inexperienced at the KHL level. It will take time.

I hope Riga will win in the battle of 2 Dinamos. I hope Torpedo can do the same in Prague they did in Bratislava. Will there be more than 2,400 viewers in Prague this time? I also predict Yugra, Avangard & CSKA wins.

We have already learnt how to play also with truncated roster, we showed it several times last season. We have to win today - "..we still believee..." :nod:

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
If I had some money (which, alas, I don't), I'd bet on a Slovan win in regulation (sooner or later it has to happen....).

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
PS: Just made a random online check... quite decent odds on Slovan regulation win, 1.7... still, I have a bad feeling and would bet at the 4.4 odds for a regulation tie. ;) (Viťaz regulation win is at 3.7.)

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
Should I bet on your behalf, jaco? :D Could be fun... Just a small amount, just for fun.

Let's do it this way: You bet a small amount (what is that? 25,- €?) on YOUR behalf, I'll use my influences in Italy (after all, the Pope lives here....) and if we lose, you keep the loss, if we win, I'll get the buck.... Is that ok for you?;)

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Hehe... I guess our definitions of "small amounts" differ, Jaco. By "small amount", I meant something symbolic, like €1, just for fun. Because I never bet, I have no idea if such small bets are even possible. For €25, you can buy lunches for an entire week in Slovakia, and that is not negligible. Just in case Slovan wins in regulation tonight, do you think I'm willing to skip lunch breaks for an entire week? :D

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
I usually bet against my team. If my team wins - well, I'm happy. If loses - I win some money.:laugh:

Yes... that was my idea here, too. I prefer to expect a bad result, only to be pleasantly surprised, instead of the other way round. Of course, sometimes I have a good feeling before a game, but there are few grounds to feel optimistic about Slovan right now, and the 1st line center Bližňák will now be missing, which is an even worse omen.

By the way, penepi, Mihálik is once again in the line-up (although only as defenseman #7), instead of Brejčák. How do you explain that? :amazed:

jaco

Oct 21, 2011
Hehe... I guess our definitions of "small amounts" differ, Jaco. By "small amount", I meant something symbolic, like €1, just for fun. Because I never bet, I have no idea if such small bets are even possible. For €25, you can buy lunches for an entire week in Slovakia, and that is not negligible. Just in case Slovan wins in regulation tonight, do you think I'm willing to skip lunch breaks for an entire week? :D

So I won't get rich this time around? :) But, seriously, I'm still gonna do my part (call up the Pope and try to convince him..), last time (first win for Atlant), it worked;)

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
(call up the Pope and try to convince him..), last time (first win for Atlant), it worked;)

I know... blessed are the poor... and Slovan is the poorest in the KHL right now. But salvation is not always instantaneous. ;) Gotta work hard to deserve it. (Let's not even get into those theological disputes.)

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Říha is not yet with the team, right? Hopefully, his stay in Omsk will be longer than Kris Letang's stay in St. Petersburg last season.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Wow! What a refereeing disaster in Bratislava... They gave a Slovan defenseman a match penalty, but mistook player no. 8 for player no. 6, so the player who got penalised wasn't even on the ice! Slovan did not protest, because Sersen (8) is a more important defenseman for them than Mojžíš (6). :D

The stands in Prague look very empty tonight, too.

Staňa for CSKA looks to be back in his shape from last season after that nightmare first night in Zagreb, eh? Every day, it seems more and more as if that 1-7 loss may have been caused by CSKA's travel issues for the game in Zagreb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad