20:00 MSK | 18:00 CET

lev_arena_1_2012.jpg

Tipsport Arena (13160), Prague

Streams:
KHL.RU; onhockey.ru

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Very interesting game day, very interesting indeed...

And Slovan might actually follow up with another victory tomorrow.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Slovan capacity for KHL is only 10,055. A small arena... :( I predict a loss for Slovan, just to be pleasantly surprised, if all goes well. Opportunity to leapfrog over MedveÅ¡čak, Loko, Minsk in the table.

The difference between rank 5 — 12 currently minimal in the West. And the East table is even more evenly split.

A tough test for Riga against Ak Bars, I suppose, indicating whether the current high-flying Dinamo is a coincidence or if it's for real this season. ;) CSKA vs. Dinamo Moscow should be another top game. Hoping for a points split in Lev vs. Viťaz, so that neither team gets away too far from the rest of the pack. :p:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Slovan capacity for KHL is only 10,055. A small arena... :( I predict a loss for Slovan, just to be pleasantly surprised, if all goes well. Opportunity to leapfrog over MedveÅ¡čak, Loko, Minsk in the table.

The difference between rank 5 — 12 currently minimal in the West. And the East table is even more evenly split.

A tough test for Riga against Ak Bars, I suppose, indicating whether the current high-flying Dinamo is a coincidence or if it's for real this season. ;) CSKA vs. Dinamo Moscow should be another top game. Hoping for a points split in Lev vs. Viťaz, so that neither team gets away too far from the rest of the pack. :p:

Bigger than like 70 percent of KHL.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Smaller than like 100% of NHL. ;) One needs to compare oneself with the best. Look where we ended up now in Bratislava: no normal ticket sales, ticket auctions instead (so all ticket prices are much higher), all games sold out weeks in advance. I've always said Bratislava could use a hockey arena for 20k people, like those in Montreal or Chicago.

PS: They will now be repeating the same mistake here with the so-called "national" football stadium, building it for only 25-30k people. Ridiculous... :shakehead

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Smaller than like 100% of NHL. ;) One needs to compare oneself with the best. Look where we ended up now in Bratislava: no normal ticket sales, ticket auctions instead (so all ticket prices are much higher), all games sold out weeks in advance. I've always said Bratislava could use a hockey arena for 20k people, like those in Montreal or Chicago.

PS: They will now be repeating the same mistake here with the so-called "national" football stadium, building it for only 25-30k people. Ridiculous... :shakehead
Are you kidding me? What mistake are you talking about? 10k is absolutely fineand ideal for Slovan. The boom from the first season finishes, nhl players have gone. And obviously you don't know the facts, because even for today's match you could buy last 200 tickets or look at the game against Vytiaz, still 1,000 tickets left. The auction is starting to fail and you are talking about some 20k arena, very funny.

And you cannot be serious about the football stadium too. 22.5 is even too much. The national team will sell out at best 50% of games and Å k Slovan will have avg att about 7k.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Barys - Avangard looks really juicy. Will tune in, hopefully so will Antropov.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
10k is absolutely fineand ideal for Slovan.

No, it's pitiful and ridiculous. And so is a football stadium for 22.5k people -- are you kidding me? :D That same stadium/location, decades ago, used to hold 40k/50k people, and there were sell-outs. Perhaps small-time, village standards are your preference, but they are not mine. :p:

If not all tickets are sold out for Slovan's upcoming games, I'm not surprised -- given the overblown prices. You're supposed to pay an ultra-high price for a crappy seat somewhere in a corner under the roof. In a bigger, 20k hockey arena, the price structure of tickets can be more appropriately laid out. I assure you that KHL tickets for €5 each, even for crappy seats, would sell like hot cakes (see Slovan's sold-out preseason games a few weeks ago!). But am I willing to pay €16 or whatever the current "auction rate" is, for a crappy seat? Hell, no. :p:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
20 seconds in Lyamin gifts a goal to Bochenski. Poor Reyzvikh deserves better.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
No, it's pitiful and ridiculous. And so is a football stadium for 22.5k people -- are you kidding me? :D That same stadium/location, decades ago, used to hold 40k/50k people, and there were sell-outs. Perhaps small-time, village standards are your preference, but they are not mine. :p:

If not all tickets are sold out for Slovan's upcoming games, I'm not surprised -- given the overblown prices. You're supposed to pay an ultra-high price for a crappy seat somewhere in a corner under the roof. In a bigger, 20k hockey arena, the price structure of tickets can be more appropriately laid out. I assure you that KHL tickets for €5 each, even for crappy seats, would sell like hot cakes (see Slovan's sold-out preseason games a few weeks ago!). But am I willing to pay €16 or whatever the current "auction rate" is, for a crappy seat? Hell, no. :p:

:shakehead
What do you think? That Slovan is about to start sell tickets for 1 Euro? Yes, then we would sell out even 20k arena. But let's be realistic and not so narrow and shortsighted. The fact that there was average approximately 25,000 interest for a single game during NHL lockout and our first season in the league last year does not mean that this would run in 5 years at all!
16€ is not so killing sum anyway, Slovan just can't afford go under say 12€ with the average price for a ticket. And last season tickets went normally for 30€ - now? 3,000 tickets in auction, 16€ the minimum price and even 30% of the tickets need to be in clearance sale. The boom has made big interest that will go down, that is normal and you need to understand this and it is ludicrous if you cannot.

And I am not sure if you are not just trolling with that football stadium. We needed 7,000 Bosnians to come to sell out at least one qualification match!!! There are 5 home Q matches within 2 years - 2 games against teams like San Marino or Georgia = impossible to sell out 40k (wtf?!?! we are not Germany, man) stadium. And then maybe one match against some Portugal or France that would be sell out. Congratulations, you want to build 40k stadium to be sold out once within 2 years, and to be half-empty in next matches. GREAT! And anyway Slovan would play 90% of matches there.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
What do you think? That Slovan is about to start sell tickets for 1 Euro?
Who said 1 euro? I believe that €5, for example, might be a good price for a post-communist country.

16€ is not so killing sum anyway
For you, maybe not, but (for example) for a family of 4 with 3 home games over 5 days, definitely.

Slovan just can't afford go under say 12€ with the average price for a ticket.
Who said that? You seem to be swallowing some propaganda "line, hook and sinker", or whatever the phrase is. :p:

And I am not sure if you are not just trolling with that football stadium. We needed 7,000 Bosnians
Please don't be silly, and don't be off-topic. :shakehead If the team plays like crap, crowds won't come. If they play well enough, there will be sell-outs of 20k or 40k (Slovenia game 4 years ago).

Also, why do you find Germans to be a super-race of humans, and Slovaks some inferior creatures below them? This is a city of half a million people, so filling a 40k football stadium not only occasionally would be no problem, if Slovan played in an attractive enough football league (as they intend to do), and if the national team played well enough.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
5 Euro costs friendly match. 5 Euro cannot be price for KHL game, obviously you don't know much about management, so it is useless to continue this debate in this respect.

:D That about football stadium even does not deserve a comment. But do you really think that we are able to play every match like in ONE quallification and that Slovan with 3,000 average attendance would suddenly sell out 40k? I-M-P-O-S-S-I-B-L-E but keep on dreaming... I will bet with you for whatever you want that even that 22.5k stadium will be at best sold out against Spartak Trnava.
I am not finding Germans as super-race of humans - but there are 80M of them.

And generally you are amusing. You are judging the whole situation according to one match where we could promote to the World Cup, very very objective! This qualification we have had average attendance 5-6,000!!! It is numbers and clear facts so I really do not know what are you pursuing.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
My crystal ball told me the Barys - Avangard game ends 2:5. Can't expect a shut-out after the business with Lassila (who isn't even on the bench).

Well, you got the numbers right...

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
5 Euro costs friendly match. 5 Euro cannot be price for KHL game, obviously you don't know much about management, so it is useless to continue this debate in this respect.

:D That about football stadium even does not deserve a comment. But do you really think that we are able to play every match like in ONE quallification and that Slovan with 3,000 average attendance would suddenly sell out 40k? I-M-P-O-S-S-I-B-L-E but keep on dreaming... I will bet with you for whatever you want that even that 22.5k stadium will be at best sold out against Spartak Trnava.
I am not finding Germans as super-race of humans - but there are 80M of them.

And generally you are amusing. You are judging the whole situation according to one match where we could promote to the World Cup, very very objective! This qualification we have had average attendance 5-6,000!!! It is numbers and clear facts so I really do not know what are you pursuing.

5 euros might sound like little, but If I go through russian arenas for example the fans who pay 200 Rubles(roughly 5 Euro) are the core and the majority.

Domenica

I must have been holding my crystal ball upside down.

Lassila had a melt-down in the Ak Bars Kazan match where the strap of his mask broke and he kicked the thing across the ice and got a delay of game penalty. He was replaced by Kostin for the rest of that game.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
5 Euro cannot be price for KHL game

Of course it can, and in most KHL cities, it is (perhaps even lower), like Atas2000 said. You're just spewing propaganda here, so no use to talk any further. And, let's not hijack this thread with football anymore -- I'm sure no non-Slovak reader of this thread is interested in that.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Of course it can, and in most KHL cities, it is (perhaps even lower), like Atas2000 said. You're just spewing propaganda here, so no use to talk any further. And, let's not hijack this thread with football anymore -- I'm sure no non-Slovak reader of this thread is interested in that.

No. You're wrong. Here is the list of the average prices as of year ago (they went up this year by 10-20%). The right column, the prices are in Rubles. 5 euros is roughly 200 Rubles. Only one team has average price lower than that. You can get a ticket for 5 euros sure, but most of the times it's in rather small fan sector.
3.png

And here is Admiral prices. Starting from $10 up to $60 for a ticket.

sxema-new.jpg

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
most of the times it's in rather small fan sector.

Behind the goals is not a "small fan sector". It's an entire area of the arena, and I see lots of teams there in the neighbourhood of 200 roubles.

For tonight's game Slovan vs. Torpedo, the cheapest tickets, even for the worst seats, cost €16, or 688 roubles, which would be a clear no. 1 in both the red and the yellow column (higher than Admiral's 2 cheapest sections, too).

But my main point is that if Slovan's arena were twice as big, they could keep the current prices for current seats, while offering the 10k extra seats at €5 per seat, bringing in extra revenue. (Not to mention a much better atmosphere at hockey games in a 20k than in a 10k arena -- presuming it's not half-empty, of course!) :)

ult

Sep 21, 2009
But my main point is that if Slovan's arena were twice as big, they could keep the current prices for current seats, while offering the 10k extra seats at €5 per seat, bringing in extra revenue. (Not to mention a much better atmosphere at hockey games in a 20k than in a 10k arena -- presuming it's not half-empty, of course!) :)

And how much time would you need to cover your $200-$300 mln expenses on the new 20k arena, and actually start making money off of it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad