GDT-Saskatoon vs. Halifax-Sunday, May 19

Anichels

May 3, 2013
Hub City
I think it boils down to the fact that Haliax is now playing teams that have the type of style that they haven't really seen throughout the Q playoffs. Yeah there is some good defensemen in the Q, but nothing like the those big western Canadian farm boys who know how to play guys like MacKinnon and Drouin. Moose head coach even said the team was ready to play and the back to back days wouldn't matter. It just shows the lack of strength on the back end plus tough power forwards that Halifax lacks. The London game should be great. I think London beats em though, they'll be in their face all game long, something the Drakkar and Huskies just couldn't do on that level.

Is there anything you would like to say to the Moosehead and to their fans after the royal thumping they gave the Knights today?

I think the QMJHL is getting incredibly bad press from OHL and WHL pundits. After scoring 18 goals in 3 games against the top teams from apparently better leagues, you would think people would give them a little more credit.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
Is there anything you would like to say to the Moosehead and to their fans after the royal thumping they gave the Knights today?

I think the QMJHL is getting incredibly bad press from OHL and WHL pundits. After scoring 18 goals in 3 games against the top teams from apparently better leagues, you would think people would give them a little more credit.

The "WHL is a bigger, tougher league because the players are all farm boys" argument has been around for ages... and quite frankly not very true and over hyped by people who don't know any better.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
The "WHL is a bigger, tougher league because the players are all farm boys" argument has been around for ages... and quite frankly not very true and over hyped by people who don't know any better.

You know London is in the OHL right? I'm not saying what the other poster said is true (Halifax put up 7 against Portland the other day after all), but beating a QMJHL team beating an OHL team doesn't mean that WHL teams don't have good defence. It should say more that they scored 9 against the best team in the OHL but a team that went out in the first round of the WHL playoffs held them to 2.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
You know London is in the OHL right? I'm not saying what the other poster said is true (Halifax put up 7 against Portland the other day after all), but beating a QMJHL team beating an OHL team doesn't mean that WHL teams don't have good defence. It should say more that they scored 9 against the best team in the OHL but a team that went out in the first round of the WHL playoffs held them to 2.

This is the Saskatoon game thread... and the comment I was referring to was a few posts up. This isn't about what Halifax did to London.

Another thing that is being over played is this whole "hosts" situation. Saskatoon is a veteran laden team that won their division and even had an 18 game winning streak at one point. Moosheads coming off back to back games against a really well rested team with Saskatoon catching some lucky breaks. You can't do the "They scored X goals on Team A but only score Y goals on Team B" argument.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
The back-to-back played a huge role in that game, just as it did in the Halifax vs London game yesterday where the Knights had a back-to-back. The Moose mostly had their way with the Portland defense, which is superior to Saskatoon's. I hope that Saskatoon and Halifax get rematched in the final so we can see if the 5-2 W was a fluke or if the Blades mean business.

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax

This guy^ you know this is WHL vs QMJHL thread right.. London has nothing to do with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad