GDT-Saskatoon vs. Halifax-Sunday, May 19

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
Halifax defense has yet to adjust, after 2 games, to the pressure from the WHL forwards. They just lolligag with the puck behind the net and are caught off guard and cough the puck up.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
I know, right? How many times have you seen a pass go right into the other guys skates.

From this team? Not often.

They aren't in sync tonight for some reason and it shows. Not something they are used to.

Halifax has proven they can score in bunches. 20 minutes left to find their groove.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
There you go Halifax... just put the puck on net and push Makarov out of the way.

4-0 now... enough of this crap. OFF!

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
There we go... Hopefully Duscharme lights a fire under us and the flood gates open.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Disappointing showing today nonetheless, especially after having their way with Portland for the final 30 minutes yesterday.

shootscores

Jul 11, 2010
Halifax and Portland both played a similar game style. No work along the boards and lots of passes in the middle. Saskatoon played a very smart game, very old style. Work hard in all zones, be first to the puck, control the play along the boards and don't allow your man anything inside. Awesome job by the Blades for a total team win. Makarov so far is proving to be the best goalie in the tourney.
Halifax will see the same style game against London only the Knights have a lot more flash than Saskatoon. Watch out for Bo Horvat to be called upon to shut MacInnan's line down and Domi and Griffith to score against your checking line if you have one.(I did not see much defensive play in the first two games by Halifax)
Junior hockey is so unpredictable which makes it exciting.

KingKadri

Apr 26, 2013
Halifax
Halifax and Portland both played a similar game style. No work along the boards and lots of passes in the middle. Saskatoon played a very smart game, very old style. Work hard in all zones, be first to the puck, control the play along the boards and don't allow your man anything inside. Awesome job by the Blades for a total team win. Makarov so far is proving to be the best goalie in the tourney.
Halifax will see the same style game against London only the Knights have a lot more flash than Saskatoon. Watch out for Bo Horvat to be called upon to shut MacInnan's line down and Domi and Griffith to score against your checking line if you have one.(I did not see much defensive play in the first two games by Halifax)
Junior hockey is so unpredictable which makes it exciting.

We did when we played against skilled teams in the Q, but the big physical teams from the other leagues are on another level. London is going to cycle the hell out of the Moose

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Blades did a great job of keeping the tired-looking Moose forwards away from the front of the net, especially in the first two periods, and they pounced on the scoring opportunities they got. I do think the Blades third goal should not have counted as I thought it was blatant goalie interference (sure, the Blades forward with both skates in the blue paint can just shove his stick right through the goalie, that's no problem...) but junior-hockey officiating often isn't the best so there you go.

Rested Blades team + tired Moose team + Moose maybe taking the Blades for granted = upset win. Hopefully the Moose can take advantage of a tired Knights squad tomorrow night.

johnnydrum

Oct 17, 2006
United Kingdom
What goal by Stransky on the breakaway. He looked much better than what I had read....and Makarov too, blimey.
Must say, on the radio, all i could hear was some marauding runs by Pfhul and Dietz.
What a tournament this is.
As special as the Mooseheads clearly are, I honestly love the fact that the considered "lower" team bumped them off.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
What goal by Stransky on the breakaway. He looked much better than what I had read....and Makarov too, blimey.
Must say, on the radio, all i could hear was some marauding runs by Pfhul and Dietz.
What a tournament this is.
As special as the Mooseheads clearly are, I honestly love the fact that the considered "lower" team bumped them off.

I think it boils down to the fact that Haliax is now playing teams that have the type of style that they haven't really seen throughout the Q playoffs. Yeah there is some good defensemen in the Q, but nothing like the those big western Canadian farm boys who know how to play guys like MacKinnon and Drouin. Moose head coach even said the team was ready to play and the back to back days wouldn't matter. It just shows the lack of strength on the back end plus tough power forwards that Halifax lacks. The London game should be great. I think London beats em though, they'll be in their face all game long, something the Drakkar and Huskies just couldn't do on that level.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Rested Blades team + tired Moose team + Moose maybe taking the Blades for granted = upset win. Hopefully the Moose can take advantage of a tired Knights squad tomorrow night.

Actually: average team in better league (WHL) against top team in weak league (QMJHL), Blades the better team and won.

Sidekick

Mar 20, 2013
Actually: average team in better league (WHL) against top team in weak league (QMJHL), Blades the better team and won.

Blades are better than average. Sure, not the best. But top 5 (maybe top 7), I would say. One series does not undo their regular season success. Also, they were at home, with more rest, and more desperate.

And the Blades might have won the game, but I wouldn't say they were the better team. They had stretches of time when they were, but in my opinion the Mooseheads had more of those stretches.

The "weak" league has won the last 2 Memorial Cups.

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax
I think it boils down to the fact that Haliax is now playing teams that have the type of style that they haven't really seen throughout the Q playoffs. Yeah there is some good defensemen in the Q, but nothing like the those big western Canadian farm boys who know how to play guys like MacKinnon and Drouin. Moose head coach even said the team was ready to play and the back to back days wouldn't matter. It just shows the lack of strength on the back end plus tough power forwards that Halifax lacks. The London game should be great. I think London beats em though, they'll be in their face all game long, something the Drakkar and Huskies just couldn't do on that level.

Disagree :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad