GDT: Qf Finland - USA 17:35 CET 02-22-06

Status
Not open for further replies.

acr*

teamzherdev said:
If that is the case, then the IIHF is gay....not that there is anything wrong with that...

IIHF is gay. They give penalties for having your helmet fall off...

Oh boy, Tkachuk takes another stupid penalty, and now Gomez is shooting at the ref...is this house league or something?

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
sabresrat said:
A player who carries or holds any part of his stick above the height of the shoulders
and causes an injury with the stick to an opposing player shall be assessed a:
- Major penalty + Automatic Game Misconduct penalty (5’+GM)
or
- Match penalty (MP)
c) However, if the high sticking action that caused the injury was judged accidental, the
offending player shall be assessed a:
- Double Minor penalty (2’+2’)

Looks like the ref made the right call according to IIHF rules. No followthrough exception there.

The call seems legit to me, you are responsible for your stick at all times, no exception.

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
Slime said:
Yes, the high sticking might have been a bad call but the ref compensated the US by taking Numminen for a questionable hooking.

Definitely questionable. Should have been a penalty shot.

Nice to see Gomez/Gionta making nice use of the insane amount of icetime.

naihlflames

Nov 18, 2003
Detroit MI
OK: If Finland gets a pp goal to make it 5-2, the USA should just start cranking and hitting and at least get a decent hit for a penalty and not a ticky tack call.

Ruuto should be drilled late in the game and spar his non-sense for the rest of the teams still alive.

acr*

gamera said:
they must have donuts in the box or something

lmao. I just made the same joke on another board I post at.

Great minds think alike.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
IIHF gives a penalty if you continue to play with your helm off, not just because it falls off. This is not because they want to annoy you and the players, but because of safety reasons for the players, of course.

Because of this, you can receive a 2 min penalty if you remove another players helmet on purpose.

joe_shannon_1983*

The U.S.A. has outplayed Finland quite badly this game whenever at even strength.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Steve L said:
Fair enough, I know it isnt
called in the NHL on a follow through.

Now perhaps the people bashing the linesman can admit they were wrong.

I've seen it called many times in the NHL on a follow through, but not on a wind up (i.e. Hossa hitting Berards eye a few years back wasn't a penalty IIRC)

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
SectionX said:
some of the calls on the US are really ridicilous :shakehead

The last trip was definately a trip, in front of the ref no less. And then mouthing off at the ref? Not smart at this point in the game.

shrudy

Apr 27, 2004
unbelievable how undiscliplined the us is today
this is not even a game anymore, it's a joke
forget the bad calls against the us, we've made enough bone headed plays on our own

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Steve L said:
The US is in meltdown mode now.

Nail down the tables and chairs at the hotel!

You idiot! I know for a fact that Hatcher carries a hammer in his back pocket for close quarters hockey action. He'll just flip it over and pull those nails out. The only chance the Italians have is to remove every bit of furniture from the room. Even then, the wall is vulnerable. Tkachuk kind of looks like the CoolAid guy after he's had a long shift (big, fat, and red in the face). I bet he goes smashing through the wall.

Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad