GDT: GDT Phoenix at Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayE

Sep 24, 2016
I'm only moving Nuge to the wing if we get a real 3C option. Caggiula has a lot of promise (I like him more on the wing), but he's not a 3C on a legitimate playoff team yet in his career.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Our RW depth sucks. Gotta put someone there if Drai is going to actually be able to give us a 2nd line that isn't at best a non-factor. I'd rather try Nuge for a bit than keep going with Ebs who seems to have ruined his shot.

Why?

Ebs has his issues, but he's a significantly more talented player(and has had a somewhat decent game tonight). RNH is currently getting outclassed by Kassian/Caggulia on his own line right now, and probably would be outclassed by Hendricks/Pak if they dropped him down to the forth line.

Eberle probably isn't the long term solution to Mcdavid's wing, but until they find someone that is, he's a better option than RNH will ever/could ever be.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Why?

Ebs has his issues, but he's a significantly more talented player(and has had a somewhat decent game tonight). RNH is currently getting outclassed by Kassian/Caggulia on his own line right now, and probably would be outclassed by Hendricks/Pak if they dropped him down to the forth line.

Eberle probably isn't the long term solution to Mcdavid's wing, but until they find someone that is, he's a better option than RNH will ever/could ever be.

Ebs is broken though. He has had plenty of opportunity with McDavid this year and he just can't get it done. Whatever he did to himself trying to add a 1-timer to his game in the off-season is looking like it's gonna take an off-season to correct. I'd try almost anyone at this point over Ebs.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
One day we won't need to play a Gryba in our lineup. I'm optimistic Chia can finish building an NHL quality D group 7 or 8 guys deep.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
I know its hard cause we are in the middle of a playoff race but at what point do you give Brossoit some looks? Kind of need to decide whether you need to upgrade the backup position, for the rest of this season/playoffs and for next season cause Brossoit is waiver eligible iirc.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
One day we won't need to play a Gryba in our lineup. I'm optimistic Chia can finish building an NHL quality D group 7 or 8 guys deep.

To be fair, Nurse, and Russell would be in there normally. Of course, I could always read the entire post and get what you were saying.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Great game for Hendricks from what I've seen. Good for him. Not so much for Gryba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad