GDT: GDT Phoenix at Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Ebs is broken though. He has had plenty of opportunity with McDavid this year and he just can't get it done. Whatever he did to himself trying to add a 1-timer to his game in the off-season is looking like it's gonna take an off-season to correct. I'd try almost anyone at this point over Ebs.

I doubt he's broken. More like he's a poor fit for Mclellan's systems along with the coach's new work ethic demands, and is struggling with being on an NHL team that doesn't let him do whatever he wants. A combined effect that has shattered a lot of his confidence.

Regardless of all that, replacing him with a significantly worse player who is also suffering similar issues is not the answer. Running with Eberle on Mcdavid's wing or acquiring a rental for the rest of the season is far preferable to plugging the woefully ineffective RNH in that slot.

Last edited:

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I doubt he's broken. More like he's a poor fit for Mclellan's systems, the new work ethic demands, and is struggling with being on an NHL team that doesn't let him do whatever he wants. A combined effect that has shattered a lot of his confidence.

Regardless of all that, replacing him with a significantly worse player who is also suffering similar issues is not the answer. Running with Eberle on Mcdavid's wing or acquiring a rental for the rest of the season is far preferable to plugging the woefully ineffective RNH in that slot.

I've just been longing for McLellan to try Nuge on the wing. I think the only time Nuge played wing was during some blendering where he ended up on Drai's wing, and he looked really good, probably the best he looked all year. Then next game Drai is put on his wing and he looks confused and overwhelmed again. I don't see the harm in just trying Nuge on McDavid's wing for a little while, just to see if it can get Nuge going offensively. It can't be that much worse than Ebs there who has had hundreds of minutes this year of being a drag on the 1st line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad