GDT: Pens-Rangers (Is It Over Yet?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Farnham did two things that are unacceptable on this team: check and fight. Both of those are frowned upon, because it may lead to other teams thinking we're mean
Yup... Kind of funny how Kunitz went sour when he stopped hitting along the end boards.

The Pens have a loser la dee dah attitude. At the end of the season... They will disappoint again.

This underachieving attitude has been around Pens hockey a long, long time.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I miss the shifts of Farnham and Rust actually maintaining possession of the puck in the offensive zone. The team would feed off of it. A penalty would be drawn. We would get in the other team's head. Has anyone ever seen Sill and Adams maintain possession?

Sill and Adams could get caught with a pound of Colombian uncut and the cops would just look the other way because any charge of possession against those two would get laughed out of court.

malkshake

Jan 12, 2012
Vancouver
Not that. The actual top 6 winger doesn't get the NTC and has less money over the contract. How? :laugh:

I get that Dupuis was going to free agency and Kunitz had a year left, but still. Two stupid contracts in the end, though.

Honestly Dupuis would be perfect for the 1st line or the third line right now. I would much rather have Dupuis in the lineup than Kunitz right now because we actually have a need for his role now. Kunitz has no place on this roster at his current cap hit imo.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
20 goals against in 3 games won't be pretty.

The Flyers might start a guy named Rob Zepp against us in goal. And yet we are the ones concerned heading into a game against the Flyers.

Amazing what confidence can do. When a team feels they have someone's number, sometimes that's all that matters.

Like it or not, we're not getting out of the Shero mess in one year. It's been a good start so far, but there's a lot of trash that needs to flow out of the system.

Exactly. Which is why we should be playing our young defensemen. We're doing the same mistakes we used to under Shero/Bylsma, yet they're gone.

Play the kids. If we win, fantastic. If we don't win, they gain experience. The sooner this organization accepts this, the sooner we'll get back to where we want to be.

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
Honestly Dupuis would be perfect for the 1st line or the third line right now. I would much rather have Dupuis in the lineup than Kunitz right now because we actually have a need for his role now. Kunitz has no place on this roster at his current cap hit imo.

sadly kunitz play has dropped off so much that I think I would rather have dupuis in that spot.

Just think if we found another top 6 winger and a heathy dupes .....

a third line of Kunitz sutter dupes would have been lovely. Next year it might have to be.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

I'd rather have neither. Kunitz may have literally fallen off a cliff but Dupuis was never a top 6 winger and started having serious health problems in the first year of the contract. Shero's last moves really ****ed this team over, it's like he was trying to make a mess on his way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad