GDT: Pens-Rangers (Is It Over Yet?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocoee

Sep 1, 2010
Denver
I was all for signing Ehrhoff to an extension earlier but since he has come back from injury he hasn't been good.

hiptanaka

Jan 12, 2006
Woonsocket
Kuntiz is here until 16-17? How does someone give out that contract?

610x-115.jpg

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I will not miss Paul Martin's pathetic excuse for a point shot.

You know, for a team with a lot of offensive defensemen, you'd think they could get the puck on net more than once in a blue moon, or handle a pressure forecheck or trap like they weren't all Scuderi.

malkshake

Jan 12, 2012
Vancouver
Why did we stop dressing Farnham and Rust on the 4th line?? Basically all they did was try constantly and draw penalties. I miss the energy.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
No, there is no ref bias this year, a team that is nowhere near the bottom half of the league in possesion numbers and that has been near the top of the league in pp opportunities in recent years have just dropped to the bottom of the league in both pp opportunities for and against for no reason whatsoever. That is reasonable.:sarcasm:

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Why did we stop dressing Farnham and Rust on the 4th line?? Basically all they did was try constantly and draw penalties. I miss the energy.

Farnham did two things that are unacceptable on this team: check and fight. Both of those are frowned upon, because it may lead to other teams thinking we're mean

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
Have we seen enough games to come to the "Ehrhoff was a bad signing" conclusion yet? I'm not entirely sure what exactly he provides.

roquay

Aug 9, 2012
Victoria

That was an exciting 4th line. Lots of energy. If we're not going to have a big 3rd line at least they can "energize" the team.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Shero went insane. It was like Macbeth but Bylsma was lady Macbeth.

Really, though. Shero neglected the top 6 winger situation for years and backed himself into a corner.

Exactly. It's like the people who defend the Dion Phaneuf, 7 years, $49 million contract. I always hear people say: "The Leafs had to do it, if they didn't someone else would have and they'd be left without a No. 1 defenseman."

It's laughable. If you KNOW the player won't perform at the level of his contract for the duration of his contract, then don't sign him. It's that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad