GDT Oil Leak @ Flying Injured/MumpsFeatherings 7:00 PT/ Who Cares? ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Don't forget the 1st unit was out there for about 2:20 as well before the TV timeout near the end of the game. BB probably not wanting to risk them running out of gas (especially as Getz and Kesler would be used to wind the clock down).

That would be a good reason too. But I still thought the second one looked better than the first. Especially if BB insists on rolling Bork with them.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
That would be a good reason too. But I still thought the second one looked better than the first. Especially if BB insists on rolling Bork with them.

Silfverberg should play the PP instead of Bork.

BB:s idea of giving Mr fox no PP-time makes no sense, especially now that he's turned his game around completely compared to the first 8-10 games.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Caught up on the thread and can I say how glad I am that Borked/Bourqued it is catching on? Who was the first to use it?

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010

Except that they looked bad for that minute-and-a-half pp. Fine starting out with them, but it wasn't a good pp, so after a 1:00, why not put the first unit out?

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
just finished watching....glad we got the 2 but dont like the fact that we STILL cant seem to bury teams...bourque on the top line/PP should not happen again, put maroon up there

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Except that they looked bad for that minute-and-a-half pp. Fine starting out with them, but it wasn't a good pp, so after a 1:00, why not put the first unit out?

Fair enough, but I don't think starting them was a bad call. Although I really hate that we have to let Bork prove he's worthless (especially on the 1st line and 1st PP) before we try and make it work with players we plan to build around, vets or rookies. At least if we had kept Allen, he knew his place and we wouldn't be trying stupid **** like we are with Bork.

Yeah, yeah, I know. It's not the same name. Close enough.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Would really like to see Silf with Getzlaf and DSP. Would also like to see Etem in the lineup over Bourque. Only concern about game is how little this line produced.

Thought Rakell played best of game of season and possibly ever. His line looked dangerous entire game. Think Silf is getting better and better.

Think Manson could use a healthy scratch. Way too many turn overs/bad decisions with the puck. Not mad, just think he needs a deep breath. Rest of defense was very good. Can't wait to see Lovejoy again.

2nd line was awesome.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Manson's really hit a wall. I'd like to see him sent back as soon as Lovejoy is healthy.

Further proof that prospect development is not linear. You don't just come in and get better from your first game.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yeah saw that RNH goal... i`d also like to see him eating minutes in AHL but hell... i`m very excited about him!

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
Good learning experience for Manson that's for sure. Coaches and players gave him some advice, he got good experience against better players, and now he will be a much more improved looking player in the AHL when he gets sent back down. Just like how Rakell got sent down and got 3 points in his first game, now he's back in the Ducks lineup with much more confidence it seems like so far. Hopefully he can keep up that level of play against the better teams.

Bourque still hasn't impressed me, I think Etem deserves to be in the lineup over him when he's back. Right wing with DSP/Getzlaf could be good for him, that line was solid last time it was together when Perry had the mumps.

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
I've seen the bourque for Etem demand a few times now. I don't understand what swapping a player who blows his chances for a player who doesn't get any is supposed to do.
Etem actually started to improve game after game. Etem is meant to play on more offensive lines and that's where he shines, so it's not surprising he can't do much when we keep him on the checking 4th line, that's not his style. Even though he hasn't been that great, he does look better than Bourque at least.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Andersen was great.

Bourque is terrible. Such a bad trade. I don't want Etem in his place, I just don't want that stupid contract for another year after this one. Don't know wtf Murray was thinking with that deal.

Jackman should NEVER sit in favor of Bourque.

Props to Rakell. IMO, his best game of the year, and arguably in a Ducks sweater.

Our defense was very disappointing tonight. Lindholm didn't look crisp, but he did a great job on Hall so I'm fine with his play. Hall had no room. It didn't help Lindholm that Fistric was horrible.

IMO Manson hasn't looked good for weeks now. He really needs to go to the AHL. Not sure why Cam can't stop turning the puck over either.

Stoner - Vatanen were poor tonight. Most invisible game Sami has played in a long time.

2nd line was the best line tonight IMO. Very impressed with Palmieri. Kesler's relentlessness has made Palmieri better IMO.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
2nd line was the best line tonight IMO. Very impressed with Palmieri. Kesler's relentlessness has made Palmieri better IMO.

I agree, it seems to be rubbing off on him. He's still prone to being invisible but is much more involved than he used to be. Is throwing his body around a bit more too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad