GDT: Official 2011 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
Anyone has an excel sheet with all the rankings (from different prospect agencies) for each players?

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
They were just mentioning the wildcards that might be surprises in the top 10. I thought they might mention guys like Grimaldi, Oleksiak or Scheifele, instead they go with Zibinejad and Murphy? WTF? Those aren't wildcards- there top 10 in most mocks.

Apparently Zibenejad is a Finn playing in Sweden- bet he'll be surprised to learn this.
Pierre says Murphy is 5'9'', maybe 5' 10'' after Murphy is measured at the combine at 5'10''3/4
I hope the quality of this broadcast gets better as we move along.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
I hope the quality of this broadcast gets better as we move along.

Unlikely. These analysts haven't even seen many of these guys play or followed them much during the year.

Tomorrow its even worse. No one knows any of these guys during that broadcast. I still think they can throw some money at a scout from say RLR or CS or etc.. to talk about them.

Kamal007

FEEL LIKE PABLO
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto
Ryan Murphy seems like such a jerk off. The way he acts about his offense, he thinks he is a shoe in for 70+ points and says it openly, draft me for my offense. Doesn't really seem like he cares about defense at all.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
For everyone who has never gone through this before, try not to post every 3 seconds on this site or the site will crash. Posts like:

"Crap!" or "Yes!" just bog down the server (in addition to making the thread boring and unreadable) and the result will be that HF will go down and we won't be able to participate at all.

Please do not leave comments during the draft unless you have something substantive such as links to a scouting report or a prolonged discussion of WHY you do or do not like the draftee.

Please don't just leave a comment just for the sake of it during the draft. If you want to do that, please wait until the draft is over. Again, to many comments = shut down server.

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
RNH + Mullet back in town.

That'd be ideal.

Oh, and Klefbom/Schefiele/McNeil would be nice too :D

CandiedBacon

Seguin and Hamilton
Sep 2, 2010
EpicMealTime
Anybody hear the little fact about Burns being a forward when he was drafted. Found that quite peculiar don't know much about his junior career.

indiancompanion

Mar 26, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Sitting in section 219 at draft, jets fans nearby screaming go jets go and yelling at oiler fans, they are being unbelievably annoying. I get it your team is back, now stop ruining the experience for the rest of us.

xMitch

Aug 31, 2009
I may just be blind, but I cannot find the link anywhere on tsn.ca for the live stream. Will the main page be updated when it begins with a link, or can I just not find the thing?

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Is the TSN stream expected to show up at the very start of the draft or at a certain time slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad