GDT: October 7 | Lok-MNk | Sev-Sib | Atl-Adm | SKA-Amr | CSKA-SYu | Lev-MMg | Mdv-Nft

ult

Sep 21, 2009
KHL 2013/2014 Regular Season
logo_net_eng.png

October 7 Game Day

Highlights:
KHL.RU; Youtube.com

1.jpg
31.jpg

Lokomotiv Yaroslavl vs Metallurg Novokuznetsk

October 7, 2013
19:00 MSK | 17:00 CET

lokomotiv_arena_2012.jpg

Arena 2000 (9070), Yaroslavl

Streams:
KHL.RU; OnHockey.TV; LiveTV.ru

56.jpg
29.jpg

Severstal Cherepovets vs Sibir Novosibirsk

October 7, 2013
19:00 MSK | 17:00 CET

severstal_arena_2013_.jpg

Ice Palace (6064), Cherepovets

Streams:
OnHockey.TV; LiveTV.ru

206.jpg
418.jpg

Atlant Moscow Region vs Admiral Vladivostok

October 7, 2013
19:30 MSK | 17:30 CET

atlant_arena_2012_.jpg

Arena Mytischi (6 434), Mytischi

Streams:
OnHockey.TV; LiveTV.ru

24.jpg
54.jpg

SKA Saint Petersburg vs Amur Khabarovsk

October 7, 2013
19:30 MSK | 17:30 CET

ska_arena_2012.jpg

Ice Palace (11439), Saint Petersburg

Streams:

2.jpg
38.jpg

CSKA Moscow vs Salavat Yulaev Ufa

October 7, 2013
18:30 MSK | 16:30 CET

cska_arena_1_2012_.jpg

CSKA Ice Palace (5600), Moscow

Streams:

359.jpg
37.jpg

Lev Prague vs Metallurg Magnitogorsk

October 7, 2013
21:00 MSK | 19:00 CET

lev_arena_1_2012.jpg

Tipsport Arena (13160), Prague

Streams:

419.jpg
71.jpg

Medvescak Zagreb vs Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk

October 7, 2013
21:30 MSK | 19:30 CET

medvescak_arena_2013_.jpg

Dom Sportova (6400), Zagreb

Streams:

ficohok*

Ellison will make his debut in line with Vesce and Linglet. Reportedly Ryan will finally play tomorrow. He was injured since first pre-season game.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
CSKA v. Ufa 1
Lokomotiv v. Metallurg Nk 1
Severstal v. Sibir X
Atlant v. Admiral 1
SKA v. Amur 1
Lev v. Metallurg Mg 2
MedveÅ¡čak v. Neftekhimik X2

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
tough game for CSKA, Salavat scores two relatively soft goals, yet doesn't capitalize on few 100% chances. I take the wins any way they come though.

FreshFruit

Sep 30, 2013
Europe
3rd tier Canadians and Americans thrashing every Russian team that comes to the small ice.

This is the 10th home game for Medvescak in Dom Sportova and no Russian team can adjust to small ice playstyle? Where's that famous skill and quick hands? Did they even study Medvescak's games?

Yes I'm kinda biassed, I really thought that AHL team can't bounce with Russians even on small ice. They sure proved me wrong...

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
3rd tier Canadians and Americans thrashing every Russian team that comes to the small ice.

This is the 10th home game for Medvescak in Dom Sportova and no Russian team can adjust to small ice playstyle? Where's that famous skill and quick hands? Did they even study Medvescak's games?

Yes I'm kinda biassed, I really thought that AHL team can't bounce with Russians even on small ice. They sure proved me wrong...

i would say a team of AHL all-stars

roki977

Sep 6, 2013
Zagreb
KHL all stars on budget...

Medvescak will be good even on "normal" ice with this play. Its not only small rink..

4:0

5:0

Last edited:

SledgeHammer

Sep 30, 2013
Zagreb
I don't think they are AHL All stars, as the best players go to NHL
Most of them are simply good, solid AHL players.

FreshFruit

Sep 30, 2013
Europe
i would say a team of AHL all-stars

I can't say are they or not AHL All star 'cause I don't follow the AHL but I can recognize that they would be one of the contenders.
In the NHL this team would be happy to have 5 wins through whole season and I'm not even biased on that. I'm biased on fact that on the small ice, although they tend to be overshooted they are playing much better hockey than any Russian team.

Heck, SKA without Kovalchuck would be happy to score even one goal in Zagreb. Barys was outplayed and crushed 'till the last 5 minutes. Won't talk about Avtomibilist...

Only Avangard was putting a good fight 'till the first half, then they fell apart when they received first.

It's 10th game in Zagreb and russians are making same mistakes over and over. It's joke to watch same telegraphed passes through the half ice and defence that can't produce one hit over nad over again and wont talk about trying to outscate NA on the boards... Do these teams have coaches?

On the big ice Medvescak played 4 games. I watched all 4 and I can say that they were equal if not better in 2 of them (Atlant and Loko). They had no luck with SKA and were thrased in Cherepovets.

That shoud have been warning for russians. But it seems that they don't take it seriously.

Edit. 6:0 for Medvescak :shakehead

Last edited:

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I don't think they are AHL All stars, as the best players go to NHL
Most of them are simply good, solid AHL players.

yeah, and some of them have 100 + games in the nhl.

NHL all-stars go to the nhl? how about names like Whitefield, Haydar etc...

This team wins Calder Cup most likely.

roki977

Sep 6, 2013
Zagreb
Ofc. he is. They been destroyed.

6:0

13:0 is last 3 so far..

Barry is animal..

Last edited:

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Medvescak is good for the KHL because it forces these weaker Russian teams to learn how to play against NA competition in smaller ice.

billy piton

Apr 5, 2010
Zagreb
yeah, and some of them have 100 + games in the nhl.

NHL all-stars go to the nhl? how about names like Whitefield, Haydar etc...

This team wins Calder Cup most likely.

i agree. ahl is development league with lot of young players, and team full of veterans would be a favourite for the calder cup.

FreshFruit

Sep 30, 2013
Europe
Medvescak is good for the KHL because it forces these weaker Russian teams to learn how to play against NA competition in smaller ice.

Those small teams will profit a lot more from small size rink(finnish size) then from one game vs Medvescak in season, as will all of KHL.

FreshFruit

Sep 30, 2013
Europe
For KHL to challenge the NHL 5 foreigners rule must be gone. Period.
Russia has no talent to load up each club with 20 Russians and hoping that for 15 years they will be good enough to battle for points vs some NHL team.

As it's written here, KHL needs to decide whether it wants to be glorified russian superleague or it wants to be a true rival to the NHL.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
For KHL to challenge the NHL 5 foreigners rule must be gone. Period.
Russia has no talent to load up each club with 20 Russians and hoping that for 15 years they will be good enough to battle for points vs some NHL team.

As it's written here, KHL needs to decide whether it wants to be glorified russian superleague or it wants to be a true rival to the NHL.
This rule must not be completely abandoned. Russian teams have to be "encouraged" to invest into their junior programs and the best way to do that is to prevent Russian teams from filling their rosters with foreign players.

But there are too many weak players in the KHL who should not play in this league. This is especially true this year with two expansion teams and lots of injuries in many different teams. That is why the foreign limit should be raised to at least seven foreigners for each Russian team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad