GDT: January 9 | Adm-Atl | Amr-Sev | MNk-Lok | Sib-SKA | Trk-DRg | MMg-CSKA

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Okay, I only saw the last 8 minutes of the Mag-CSKA game.

The last few minutes Zaripov and Mozyakin were skating circles around the defense. CSKA was completely checked out. Did they play like that from the start?

3rd period was actually the best for CSKA, the other two was way-way-way worse

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
What is going on with SKA? from last 11 games only 1 was a 3 pointer win. really bad.
And CSKA is bad aswell. Now they have to worry not to be 8th not 6th. I mean its good for Medvescak now they might get 6th position now, but its just strange. they should be getting better closer it is to the PO but they are loosing ever other game.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
What is going on with SKA? from last 11 games only 1 was a 3 pointer win. really bad.
And CSKA is bad aswell. Now they have to worry not to be 8th not 6th. I mean its good for Medvescak now they might get 6th position now, but its just strange. they should be getting better closer it is to the PO but they are loosing ever other game.

SKA is probably just cruising towards the play offs. CSKA is another story: while the sponsor chosen by Mr. Putin is coughing the $$$ some people seem to be trying to capitalize on it and feel up their pockets.

Sergei Fedorov, while once a great player, who overstayed his welcome in hockey and ditched his beloved CSKA as a player for a fat pay check in Magnitogorsk is now back with the team as a GM, making one horrific decision after another.
Getting rid of Nemchinov (who was actually ok as a GM, but not the coach, lol), getting rid of Butsaev - who did a decent job after Fedorov (imho undeservedly fired Bragin because the team was loosing to league's leaders and was 3rd or 4th in the conference). He brought a completely clueless unqualified butcher from the AHL, who has not a slightest clue about the KHL, it's trophy or it's players. He brought Zubov to be an interpreter and defense coach (failed in SKA in the same role) and ditched his team before retiring as well for a hefty pay check from SKA (even though he made millions in the NHL just like Fedorov has). Mind you Butsaev's team was one of the best defensive teams in the league last year.
He has given away a lot of our prospects and players who are doing pretty darn good for other teams: Filatov, Parshin, Kugryshev, Kucherov, Ryasenskiy to name the most known names and completely overhauled the roster with average and some pathetic players (Zainullin who couldn't find a job in the KHL at all, and Nemirovskiy who didn't play hockey for two seasons - while we had injuries - yes, but other teams have done a better job staffing on the fly). He has lost out on Ketov and Shipatchiov, Zaripov in the off-season, he has traded one of our top D-man - Ryasenskiy for a turn-over machine and a garbage d-man Pervushin, he has signed his brother for a nice pay-check - the guy doesn't even make the game roster all the time. His recent transactions of Lisin and Marushak are questionable as well - two soft slightly above average players. I can go on and on, this is just scratching the surface, really.

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
That sucks. You think Fedorov will be sacked?

Yeh i was thinking that aswell that SKA is cruising trying to rest till PO.

but ok one more mistery i got for oyu. What happened to Avangard? They were great for couple of years and now this sudden horrible flop and probably wount reach the PO. Its not like they dont have money.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
His recent transactions of Lisin and Marushak are questionable as well - two soft slightly above average players.

It's Murshak (Mursak) and he's not soft. Although I agree with everything else you've said.

but ok one more mistery i got for oyu. What happened to Avangard? They were great for couple of years and now this sudden horrible flop and probably wount reach the PO. Its not like they dont have money.

It's no mystery, their opening night roster just wasn't all that good, their goaltending was a weak spot all year long, team struggled and at the end of the day here's what happened.

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
yeh i know thats why they got they new goalie now (a bit to late) but it must be someones fault for the changes in the roster, they must have been pretty large to end up with such a downfall. And they do have money.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
yeh i know thats why they got they new goalie now (a bit to late) but it must be someones fault for the changes in the roster, they must have been pretty large to end up with such a downfall. And they do have money.

This is a third new goalie they're getting so it's not like they just sat there and waited. If Garon had been adequate Avangard would have probably made the playoffs.

Sure it is somebody's fault, Avangard's decision makers miscalculated how good (bad) this team is going to be. It seems like they really wanted to sign Kostitsyn after he's played great for them during the lockout, they sacrificed defense for it and it bit them in the ass big time. Also Potulny got injured and that left Avangard with Kvasha as their second line center many night what is obviously a tragedy waiting to happen.

Furthermore, it's not all about money. Players like Belov and Ramo were one of a kind in the KHL and no matter who do you bring to replace them there's going to be a drop off. Even if Lassila had been the right player to bring in in the summer (at the time I thought he was and obviously so did Avangard's management, there's no one to blame in situation like that) he still would have been no Kari Ramo.

This roster just had too many washed up dead beats who were counted on to be good by Avangard's brass.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
That sucks. You think Fedorov will be sacked?

I really don't know if he gets sacked, I am hoping all these clown team: Fedorov, Torcetti, Zubov are gone as soon as possible, but realistically probably off-season.
I always thought of Fedorov as a modest down to Earth guy, but boy he's changed....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad