Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Rumor is that we can get this if we trade our entire core:

170529-chang-ships-north-korea-tease_e7qfmx

I think we get this one. I've heard it has potential to be franchise player.

1200px-RMS_Titanic_3.jpg

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
We are the worst team in divisional play. We need to tank. We aren't doing anything this year.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
What's more embarrassing, getting shutout by the Blackhawks to end their 8 game losing streak, getting shutout by the worst team in the league LA kings or watching Laine score 5 goals against?

Reactions: RoarBacon

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
There's a light at the end of the tunnel. I had season tickets back in the 05-07 seasons, when the Blues were even worse than they are now. So few fans were coming to the games that the ushers wouldn't check tickets, so you could buy the $15 seats and still sit on the glass. Plus, on the nationally televised games the owners did not want to show empty seats on TV so they had free food at the stadium.

Great times, and I got a lot of use out of my stable of non-Blues hockey jerseys. Silver linings folks.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Berube:--summary is we were horrible defensively...came out flat...no sticks in lanes..."we were there but we weren't there."

When asked about one of the players saying that they weren't talking enough, Berube said (paraphrasing) "I would expect them to say that because, when you are playing poorly, you stop talking."

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
There's a light at the end of the tunnel. I had season tickets back in the 05-07 seasons, when the Blues were even worse than they are now. So few fans were coming to the games that the ushers wouldn't check tickets, so you could buy the $15 seats and still sit on the glass. Plus, on the nationally televised games the owners did not want to show empty seats on TV so they had free food at the stadium.

Great times, and I got a lot of use out of my stable of non-Blues hockey jerseys. Silver linings folks.
Why are you here again?

bluesfanforlife1992

Jul 3, 2015
Let's talk about the game.....

The good:
People who had Laine on their fantasy team. In my league 24.5 pts he scored (I don't have him of course).

The bad:
Blues, D zone coverage, officiating, goaltending (on a few goals was bad)

I'm still lost on the officiating. How the world was nothing called on Sanford play??? Clear as day penalty and nothing.

Reactions: Klank Loves You

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Let's talk about the game.....

The good:
People who had Laine on their fantasy team. In my league 24.5 pts he scored (I don't have him of course).

The bad:
Blues, D zone coverage, officiating, goaltending (on a few goals was bad)

I'm still lost on the officiating. How the world was nothing called on Sanford play??? Clear as day penalty and nothing.
officiating was a large factor in this game getting out of hand. bad stuff from them tonight, along with our D play and Johnson being awful

Reactions: bluesfanforlife1992

bluesfanforlife1992

Jul 3, 2015
officiating was a large factor in this game getting out of hand. bad stuff from them tonight, along with our D play and Johnson being awful

I know officiating was god awful tonight and did have a huge effect on the game. I rarely ever get upset at it, but it was awful.

You can't miss that call on Sanford EVER.

Ehlers was huge embellishment. Or you send both on for 2.

Dunn call was rough too.

The one with tarasenko getting knocked over before the puck was there on a scoring chance.

This was honestly one of the worst officiating that I can remember ever.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Does God hate the Blues? 5 goals from a single player? Oy!

This is one of those games you just have to accept the absurd with and just move along. Was more a cartoon than a real NHL game.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
I know officiating was god awful tonight and did have a huge effect on the game. I rarely ever get upset at it, but it was awful.

You can't miss that call on Sanford EVER.

Ehlers was huge embellishment. Or you send both on for 2.

Dunn call was rough too.

The one with tarasenko getting knocked over before the puck was there on a scoring chance.

This was honestly one of the worst officiating that I can remember ever.
game started to get out of hand after 91 got called for "roughing" after the jets player made a questionable charge on him.

i dont think a call should have been made there period on either team but if was going to be called, the jets player did charge him slightly. its pathetic how bad these officials can really be

bluesfanforlife1992

Jul 3, 2015
game started to get out of hand after 91 got called for "roughing" after the jets player made a questionable charge on him.

i dont think a call should have been made there period on either team but if was going to be called, the jets player did charge him slightly. its pathetic how bad these officials can really be

In that case, it is either no call or 4 on 4. Can't just call one. But I rarely ever blame officiating for affecting a game, but tonight was one of the few time it had direct impact on the game.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
In that case, it is either no call or 4 on 4. Can't just call one. But I rarely ever blame officiating for affecting a game, but tonight was one of the few time it had direct impact on the game.
ya who knows who would have won tonight if refs wernt a joke because neither teams goalie was very good. i would put my money on the jets still but whatever.

ive seen worse screwjob games from them. i wouldnt even call this game a screwjob, would just call it a very poorly officiated game from em. the jets were diving or trying to exaggerate calls and the refs fell for em quite a bit. surprised eddy or whoever had that knee on kneeish hit on ehlers didnt get thrown out because he acted like he got shot, but surprise surprise was "magically" fine 2 minutes later.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
This.

I still think it’s wild though that our games against each other tend to be intense, competitive games, yet we still root for the Jets against any other team.

You'll never meet a Jets fan who says "I absolutely hate the Blues"

It's always "man I love playing the Blues, they are exciting games"

There's also a history between Winnipeg hockey fans and the Blues...a lot of Jets 2.0 fans who cheered on the Blues during the 15 year gap of no NHL, and on top of that there's many connections between Winnipeg and the Blues club, from the city to people who have strong ties to both Winnipeg and St Louis (one example: Steen) as well Jets 1.0 and Blues connections as well

Plenty of Jets fans hate the Preds though...for the pretty much the exact same reasons BlueDream mentioned :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad