GDT Game of thrones. Episode 5 there will be blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Well they certainly got their moneys worth with fire and rocks!

Still would've loved to see the Lanisters be burn in that courtyard with the last word they hear being "Drakaris".

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
So bronn is probably going to kill Tyrion at the end. He wants that castle

I don't see that happening. He was promised Highgarden to not kill Tyrion. Tyrion may very well honor the deal because the family motto is that "Lannisters always pay their debts," it was his offer in the first place, he's the last Lannister left (so it's his property to give away, if he wants) and I imagine that he might not want to return to a place that'll remind him of his brother and sister and his abusive father, anyways. If he doesn't honor that deal, though, he might offer something else of value, which Bronn would have to take because he's no longer in a good bargaining position. Cersi isn't around to pay him to finish the job and he won't get Highgarden by killing Tyrion, since he'd have no legal claim. Killing him would mean walking away empty handed, so he's really at the mercy of Tyrion's sense of honor, generosity and forgiveness (for almost breaking his nose) if he wants to come out rich.

Last edited:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Missandei watching this in the afterlife
2deanr.jpg
The boys finally drove her completely bananas

v1.dDszMjc1Nzk7ajsxODA0ODsxMjAwOzYwMDs0NTA

"Propane, propane..."

Last edited:
Reactions: FrontYardSpecial

Psyfer

Mar 1, 2008
Toronto
Having time to let it simmer the whole Daenerys things was absolutely terrible and goes against her character she had always been mercilessly against her enemies but protective of innocent.

The could have portrayed her "madness" in a more way in line with her character by still having her unsullied completely wipe out the lannister army and her going right to the red keep and cutting off Cersei's escape. Then have Cersei have her breakdown in front of Dany where she pleads to spare her life long enough for her child to born. At first make it look like Dany agrees and end the episode with her and Jaime executed in a way in line with one of the mad kings executions.

Reactions: Exley72

Psyfer

Mar 1, 2008
Toronto
RE the beginning with Varys, back in Season 01, the assassin he sent to kill Dany was disguised as a little girl, ya?

The only assassin in season 1 was the wine merchant that tried to poison her but it was more Robert's idea and Varys tips off Jorah about it which is why it fails.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
can't understand those folks who feel ~ ~ ~ personally betrayed ~ ~ ~ by the way a character was rendered in the show as opposed to the book. can you enjoy the TV show for what it is? story in its own right? it's like man, the show writers don't owe you anything dude :laugh:

I never said I felt “personally betrayed,” nor did I say the showrunners owed me anything other than a well written story. What are you on about here?

Show Jaime is a demonstrably less interesting and less complex character in the show than he is in the books. It’s really that simple.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The only assassin in season 1 was the wine merchant that tried to poison her but it was more Robert's idea and Varys tips off Jorah about it which is why it fails.
That’s right, I completely forgot about Jorah being shady.

Edit: wait, no, I’m thinking about a different scene from S03, had nothing to do with Varys.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I hate to break this to you but if you were disappointed by this version of "subverting expectations", you will be disappointed in the books. This is almost certainly the ending that George has planned.

I am happy that we are atleast getting A ending -- something may or may not happen with the books. Secondly, what is annoying is the extremely shrill and relentless bashing of the show by a certain segment of book readers who have rose tinted glasses when they look at the books and poop tinted glasses when looking at the show. I can't even go on twitter without my feed being full of that crap. I don't think the season has been perfect but it has been far from a steaming tire-fire that some like to paint it as (while in the same breath saying how great the show would be if they faithfully adapted storylines from the book like Quenten Martell that go nowhere).

Maybe if those who dislike how the ending is playing out could cut down the salt levels from 100% to 75% it would improve the discourse.

Yes, complaining about the “salt level” of fans is a great way to improve discourse. Take a look in the mirror.

You have no clue how the books will end, or what Martin has planned. He has all but divorced himself from the show since season five, which is telling in its own right. Moreover, we know for a fact that Arya killing the Night King is entirely a show invention.

There has long been evidence in the books to suggest Dany becomes a “Mad Queen,” so that’s nothing groundbreaking. Thematically, it seems fitting as a GRRM driven plot point. It’s also the only thing that has worked this season. Color me surprised.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Gotta say the last 30 minutes of this episode were by far the best of the season. Too bad it can't make up for all the prior f***ups but at this point I'll take whatever I can get from this show.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I for one am completely stunned the person who brought a Dothraki horde to Westeros is a murderous maniac.

Remember when she chained her dragons for killing one child ?

So yeah, it makes sense to murder thousands of them now.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

I think that's consistent with her character. Dany was always extremely concerned about the small scale things while completely missing the big picture.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I love how poorly it was done. To go completely against her character during a surrender nonetheless, is bullshit.

You build her as a character who is merciful, hates the blood her family left behind, who wants to be loved. And you change her into a complete tyrant. There is no action that justified this kind of an response. It's completely against her character.

And I know that it's been alluded to Dany having a dark side, but to slaughter an entire kingdom? I understand her burning like a section down then realizing she messed up bad, and soon stopping. To go on a murderous rampage and kill children? Come on.

I am completely on boat that the writers don't give a damn about anything other than shock value.

She's a conflicted character with a dark side , she's no monster.

The whole Arya scene was so dumb as well, you're legit going after her when the entire place is falling apart and burning to ash.

They surrendered. Arya is a cool character but why make her into a stupid character with no common sense.

If the spoilers about next episode are true, this will be the biggest writing blunders in Hollywood, and the writers / directors all deserve to be fired by Dracarys

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Yes, complaining about the “salt level” of fans is a great way to improve discourse. Take a look in the mirror.

You have no clue how the books will end, or what Martin has planned. He has all but divorced himself from the show since season five, which is telling in its own right. Moreover, we know for a fact that Arya killing the Night King is entirely a show invention.

There has long been evidence in the books to suggest Dany becomes a “Mad Queen,” so that’s nothing groundbreaking. Thematically, it seems fitting as a GRRM driven plot point. It’s also the only thing that has worked this season. Color me surprised.

Martin has literally said that other than what happens to minor characters the show will have almost the same ending as the books. Whatever happens to Dany, John, Tyrion, Sansa, Arya at the end of this season is what is going to happen to them in the books. I take Martin at his word when he says that. The show producers have also said the same thing. And like you said a lot of what is happening right now with Dany has been hinted at in the books with her questioning her sanity in Mereen.

This is what the story is going to be in the books by and large in terms of which plot points are hit and the order they are hit (how they get there might be different). GRRM has said in many interviews that he is more interested in what happens after you defeat the big supernatural evil and cites his interest in exploring what would have happened in Middle Earth after Sauron was defeated. This is exactly what the show is doing right now with NK being defeated early and they are probably following GRRM's lead on that.

Last edited:

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
That’s right, I completely forgot about Jorah being shady.

Edit: wait, no, I’m thinking about a different scene from S03, had nothing to do with Varys.
That was the warlocks from the house of the undying. Another plot that disappeared.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Yeah like nothing has happened between that moment and now. :sarcasm:

She is not the person she was then... she has basically lost everyone who was close to her and her two "children" between then and now. People change. This episode the only person that's close to her and whom she actually trusts is Greyworm. She snapped.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Yeah like nothing has happened between that moment and now. :sarcasm:

She is not the person she was then... she has basically lost everyone who was close to her and her two "children" between then and now. People change. This episode the only person that's close to her and whom she actually trusts is Greyworm. She snapped.

No actually. Nothing happened for her to commit the worst atrocity in Westeros history. Like, much worse than any "mad" Targaryens of the past, or even Cersei and Joffrey themselves. Characters that were built up to be monsters for years.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Things are setting up nicely for Dany to give the order to her dragon to kill Jon, only to have Drogon ignore the order

Ya I’m thinking that as well.

Is he the one who was staring at Jon in the first episode of the season... I always thought he was looking at Jon as someone he trusted in that scene...

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
i really dont get the hate with this episode or season in general. i think a lot of people complaining about the writing are just doing it because its the "cool" thing to do same with the new hot phrase "character arch". I think if dany DID pull back and accept the surrender people would've bashed that and complained that cersi got the best of her again. she was close to escaping even with the dragon laying waste to the city i would imagine that she would've gotten away if they pulled the troops back.

i get this isn't the dany that has been shown through the series but a lot has happened to her and STILL the people that are directly are alive because of her are still trying to overthrow her?

I dont know maybe i didn't take drama club or writing 101 so the finer points of story telling are lost on me. it was entertaining as hell and thats what i wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad