2019 Winter Classic GDT - GAME 40 - 1/1/19 1 PM - THE BEAR visits Our Lady of the Lake - NBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Am i the only one who's getting more and more concerned with McAvoy? The kid is missing a ton of time early in his career. He missed 19 games in his rookie season, and now has already missed 22 into his second season.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Am i the only one who's getting more and more concerned with McAvoy? The kid is missing a ton of time early in his career. He missed 19 games in his rookie season, and now has already missed 22 into his second season.

I'm just going to keep my head in the sand for another year on this subject before getting worried.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle

I just hope for his sake it isn't an issue with his heart.

I'm not trying to start a rumor or anything by saying that.

Reactions: Strafer and Ladyfan

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

It is going to be a blessing for Bruins.He is going to get paid alot less and will get healthy and want to prove to everyone he is a top D man moving forward.I can see a bridge deal coming .Cassidy hinting today he could go Thursdsy.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I think it's just bad luck. The heart thing is just a freak thing and iirc it's a condition that is not recurring once corrected. The knee thing was another injury that can happen to anyone. If we take it at face value, the most recent one is from a puck to the leg/foot/whatever. run of the mill hockey stuff and Cassidy hasn't ruled him out for Thursday so it seems like it really is short-term.

Really the only worrisome thing is the concussion(s), but at this point the whole damn roster has a history.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Heart Condition- out of his control

Concussion - not sure could have been avoided

Latest injury- if I`m correct, came from a puck hitting him? Not sure I`d be worried about him being injury prone more than one with poor luck so far

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
So is Charlie still out with the blocking shot injury,or there was speculation of concussion symptoms again,has there been any updates about his injury? The kids seems to miss more than he plays,anymore.

Said "speculation" was really just one poster here who made the comment with absolutely nothing to back it up, no link to the supposed rumor and no response when called out on it. It was someone talking out their a**.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
It is going to be a blessing for Bruins.He is going to get paid alot less and will get healthy and want to prove to everyone he is a top D man moving forward.I can see a bridge deal coming .Cassidy hinting today he could go Thursdsy.

Bridge means they pay way more later.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah I’m not gonna sit here and call a guy with a heart condition and a concussion “injury prone” or soft. It’s fair to question his heart but only in the literal sense, like “why couldn’t that heart function properly like most hearts for all of last year?.”

Only thing to be concerned about is the concussion, but I feel that way about every one of our players after they get a concussion

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Whelp I guess I jinxed Chucky by buying his winter classic jersey. I have Krejci’s from Gillette which I think he didn’t play in either. Nonetheless the wife and I made it to South Bend. Anyone got any good recommendations for food/drinks?

I got jinxed by ordering the Pasta one on Nhl.com the day they came out... and then having them cancel the order on me a month later just before Xmas with NO notification. Thankfully I could just go to the pro shop...but such amateur hour.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Heart Condition- out of his control

Concussion - not sure could have been avoided

Latest injury- if I`m correct, came from a puck hitting him? Not sure I`d be worried about him being injury prone more than one with poor luck so far

Yeah getting the same injury multiple times is a million times more concerning. But even then... remember Krejci's hip? Seems to be fine.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yeah getting the same injury multiple times is a million times more concerning. But even then... remember Krejci's hip? Seems to be fine.

Yep, and I recall Ference seemingly out all the time with groin issues that he overcame eventually

I look/view injuries like those Matthews has suffered as being potentially long term problematic and a cause for concern more than McAvoy

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I too am worried. I hope he will be OK.

I am happy Tuukka is starting. I like Halak but Tuukka is supposed to be the#1.

I hope folks going have a good time.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
If it isn’t a concussion, how bad is the damage from that blocked shot? He finished the game he took the shot did he not? I know adrenaline can do wonders, but this team is just so hush on it all.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Yeah some players have no luck with injuries. Hoping it’s just his first couple of seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad