GDT: GDT| Game 34: Blackhawks (18-11-4) @ Sabres (14-16-3) | 12:00 PM CT | WGN MSGB

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Wow, talk about nitpicking the best part of this team :shakehead

I'm one of the most optimistic fans you'll find, and even i will tell you Panarin needs to shoot more, stop looking for the fancy pass to set up 88 every time. Its gotten to the point where it needs to be said. I still love Panarin and think he's amazing, but enough is enough already...

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Its amazing how you can pad your stats on the PP with a horrible 2 minute 5 on 3 PP that you score on with 1 second left, but so be it. The Hawks played a solid first period and after that had no energy. The 2nd line is really struggling for some reason, they need to get it back together. When you look at the Crow blunder, the low energy, and the gift 5 on 3 we barely converted that was a very fortunate 2 points. Will take it, wipe it from the memory bank, and move to the next one.
Yeah aa line something has changed. Teams are either playing top paid against it, hence toews line scoring again, or playing them in their D zone different We don't get those long perimeter shifts anyone. My guess is that I'd coaching and teams are challenging now up high and extending the d. Before they would collapse slot and they were picking it apart over time. Aa in front. But yeah 2 line not generating.

I watched the game like 24 was 16 and it was comical how similar they are. 24 could be solid with some time.
29 sucked
70 impressive little plays all game, forget the goal. Just his play with his passing amazing. Very very smart player. Would love if he can keep this up. Seems like he could.

LarmerAmonteSeabrook

Gosh is all I can say after seeing that game in person. Great seats and the crowd was terrific with the Kane hate which got louder and louder as the game went on. The boos were the loudest during Kane's shoot out goal. It went from boos to immediate cheers when he finished it with at least half of the arena wearing red.

Lots of things yelled out about Kane as we left the arena that I won't repeat on here. Mostly by drunkin idiots, but it was entertaining.

Boy did the hawks looks like they couldn't care less to be there though, very uninspired effort.
It really makes me feel sick that Kane was getting the abuse that he was. Do the people in his hometown back the lying chick instead?

I am SO glad it was Kaner who ruined the hometown team's outcome.
Good game fellas! Is Darling starting in net tomorrow or Crawford?
I'd imagine. We need Crawford more for the game in Dallas, and we also need him to get some rest.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Darling usually takes the back-to-backs.

It really makes me feel sick that Kane was getting the abuse that he was. Do the people in his hometown back the lying chick instead?

I'd imagine. We need Crawford more for the game in Dallas, and we also need him to get some rest.

Thanks guys!

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY

Buffalo fans feel are kind of bitter towards Kane. The Kane we know in the summer is different than the Kane you know. I've met him several times when out on the town, and is not very kind to the people of the city he grew up in. I actually played with Kane in South Buffalo at Cazanovia park. I also met his uncle a few years ago skating on an outdoor pond in Hamburg by my house. I just don't understand why he isn't nicer to people over here when hes out. Buffalo fans might also might be a little bitter towards him since he didn't come back to his home town when he was able to hit FA....who knows. He has a legacy to build in Chicago, so I wouldn't have come back either. The story this past summer just made it worse. It's just a complicated situation...But he definitely has something to prove this year and he's just on another level and wish him all the best.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Buffalo fans feel are kind of bitter towards Kane. The Kane we know in the summer is different than the Kane you know. I've met him several times when out on the town, and is not very kind to the people of the city he grew up in. I actually played with Kane in South Buffalo at Cazanovia park. I also met his uncle a few years ago skating on an outdoor pond in Hamburg by my house. I just don't understand why he isn't nicer to people over here when hes out. Buffalo fans might also might be a little bitter towards him since he didn't come back to his home town when he was able to hit FA....who knows. He has a legacy to build in Chicago, so I wouldn't have come back either. The story this past summer just made it worse. It's just a complicated situation...But he definitely has something to prove this year and he's just on another level and wish him all the best.

The first part is very understandable, but the bold would be a pretty stupid reason to not like him. And it really is hilarious how many idiots still think he's guilty.

I love Kane the hockey player, and don't really care about Kane as a person. I'm not a teenage girl or trying to be his friend.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
artursirbe.jpg

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The game was a boring snooze fest till O'Reilly scored and we got lucky with the 6 on 3 chance to tie with tge game almost over...But while both our top 2 lines were pathetically not interested in this game.,I still must point out that our great captain and leader after Co. Ing down off the mouton to exert and perform the previous game,he went back up tge mountain away from the WORK world again...AWOL/MIA/MEH to HORRI LE because he generated nada...again could not bother to muster even a single shot on goal and worse was only 38% in the dot! THIS is $10.5 million earnings g that paycheck?H How many kicks in the button must we give this lazy disinterested star" and alleged inspiring "leader"?
1 "A" game out of every 34? The rest all C''s D's and F's?

Ya think he will bother exerting even 1 period against SJ? Or is he too far away up that mountain to get back down again in time to give us if not his "A" game then at tge very minimum a "B" effort?

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
The game was a boring snooze fest till O'Reilly scored and we got lucky with the 6 on 3 chance to tie with tge game almost over...But while both our top 2 lines were pathetically not interested in this game.,I still must point out that our great captain and leader after Co. Ing down off the mouton to exert and perform the previous game,he went back up tge mountain away from the WORK world again...AWOL/MIA/MEH to HORRI LE because he generated nada...again could not bother to muster even a single shot on goal and worse was only 38% in the dot! THIS is $10.5 million earnings g that paycheck?H How many kicks in the button must we give this lazy disinterested star" and alleged inspiring "leader"?

Ya think he will bother exerting even 1 period against SJ? Or is he too far away up that mountain to get back down again in time to give us if not his "A" game then at tge very minimum a "B" effort?

Toes got his 10.5 million contract as a result of leading his team to 3 and almost 4 cups in 6 years. He and Kane were the marquis players that turned the franchise around and you have to pay the pipers....

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014

You don't even try to say anything productive anymore, you just attack toews non stop. No different than a fan of another team coming in here bashing him.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
You don't even try to say anything productive anymore, you just attack toews non stop. No different than a fan of another team coming in here bashing him.

At least 50 is not at tge Q country club cashing a paycheck... Tge "LEADER" should come down off his mountain for a pregame bag skate...

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Did he not commit a stupid infraction and since that moment have the Sabres not controlled play?

It seems you have difficulty with the facts here. Garbutt brings nothing to this team outside of idiotic penalties

instead of accepting a truth about Garbutt you instead post an argument that has nothing to do with the very valid problem that is Ryan Garbutt in lineup

Without the Hawks top PK forward things will only be more difficult when Garbutt is in lineup doing stupid things like he always does

What a BS thread if I ever read one. I was at the game and watched it on PVR later and 28 was one of the better Hawks. Why is it that you pre-determine every player's worth, then look for every opportunity to reinforce that view, and never, ever change your mind or admit you may have been mistaken?

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Was not able to watch except the last 10 minutes....did Danault PK?

No. Smart move by Q, imo, until Danault settles in. He looked very comfortable playing ES in his first game.

Anisimov took Kruger's spot on the PK.

As for the game:

- I suspected it wouldn't be the best hockey, playing that early in the day.
- If I was Q I would have started Darling and saved CC for the SJ game.
- The # of Blackhawk fans in Buffalo was astounding.
- CC weak on both goals against but came thru in the SO.
- Rozi/Scuderi held their own.
- If you caught the last 5 minutes of regulation and OT/SO, you saw all that needed to be seen.
- it was the first Hawk game of the season to go to a SO.
- Hawks basically played shinny and stick checking hockey.
- watched the Sabres feed afterward. One of their commentators mentioned that Sabres needed to go to the blue paint. Hawks would not clear them out - only challenge them with their sticks. He got that right.
- Kaner's SO goal was effortlessly sick.
- once again Hawks pull one out of the fire in an uninspired effort. Take the 2 points and run.
- fun fact: not once did we see 3 on 3 hockey in the OT. I'll bet that hasn't happened before.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
The first part is very understandable, but the bold would be a pretty stupid reason to not like him. And it really is hilarious how many idiots still think he's guilty.

I love Kane the hockey player, and don't really care about Kane as a person. I'm not a teenage girl or trying to be his friend.

Meh, let them boo. I'm sure most of them were using the false allegations as a reason to boo, but in reality it's frustration about him being on a franchise that has been successful, and really can Buffalo ever say they were? Half their building was filled with Hawks fans too.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
If anyone recorded the game, please get a picture of Kane smiling when they booed him after his game tying goal and post it here. I would love that picture haha.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
No. Smart move by Q, imo, until Danault settles in. He looked very comfortable playing ES in his first game.

Anisimov took Kruger's spot on the PK.

As for the game:

- I suspected it wouldn't be the best hockey, playing that early in the day.
- If I was Q I would have started Darling and saved CC for the SJ game.
- The # of Blackhawk fans in Buffalo was astounding.
- CC weak on both goals against but came thru in the SO.
- Rozi/Scuderi held their own.
- If you caught the last 5 minutes of regulation and OT/SO, you saw all that needed to be seen.
- it was the first Hawk game of the season to go to a SO.
- Hawks basically played shinny and stick checking hockey.
- watched the Sabres feed afterward. One of their commentators mentioned that Sabres needed to go to the blue paint. Hawks would not clear them out - only challenge them with their sticks. He got that right.
- Kaner's SO goal was effortlessly sick.
- once again Hawks pull one out of the fire in an uninspired effort. Take the 2 points and run.
- fun fact: not once did we see 3 on 3 hockey in the OT. I'll bet that hasn't happened before.

great thanks, and I too would not put Danault on the PK just yet. so assuming the PK wasJT/Hossa and Desi/AA

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Meh, let them boo. I'm sure most of them were using the false allegations as a reason to boo, but in reality it's frustration about him being on a franchise that has been successful, and really can Buffalo ever say they were? Half their building was filled with Hawks fans too.

Buffalo has a love/hate relationship with Kane. They love that one of the best players in the world is a home town boy, and almost everyone would love to have him on the Sabres. And pretty much every hockey fan loves watching him play. Easily one of the most fun players in the league, and an absolute game breaker.

However, he's had a mostly terrible reputation off the ice in Buffalo since long before the incident this past summer - and even before the cab driver incident. It's a small town, and most hockey fans either know him, have met him, or know people who know him. The boos are not based on this past summer's news. Also, lots of good players get booed in other cities. Lindros used to get booed all the time. Lucic and Chara get booed all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad