GDT Game 16 Columbus vs. New York Islanders | 11/9 7PM EST Lost at Sea Edition

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Great day for a win.... If I was there I'd go to the R-bar and get plastered... and talk about the good ole days... :sarcasm:

Let me know the next time you come up from the Ville for a game................I'll buy you a Winter Lager @ the RBar............

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I did life to see another Jackets win.. I was worried there for a while.

Got better as the game went on.

Great nights for that entire Johansen line. Good night for the Wiz pairing.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Various thoughts from Mrs. Bee throughout the game:

"Woo, Wiz!"
"If Howson couldn't draft, why are Johansen and Murray the two best players out there?"
"WHO THE **** WOULD PLAY KATY PERRY ON THE PA? I HATE THIS ****ING SONG! IT SUCKS SO BAD!"
"Wonder if Yakupov can defend like that."
"Oof, he did the splits and went feet-first into the boards."
"Okposo looks like a pretty strong player."
"Is Nabokov's chest protector pregnant?"
"Bobrovsky got an assist!"
"That guy sucks worse than Big Ten football." (I'm not sure who she was referring to)
"I'M GOING TO FIND WHOEVER MADE THOSE TIMBERLAND COMMERCIALS AND QUICK THEM SQUARE IN THE ***!"
"Aw, now we can't see Foligno yell BOBROVSKY at the end."
"Do you think Foligno will call him up and just yell BOBROVSKY, then hang up?"

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
Well... FANonymous gets the fourth star tonight... keep making em till we lose...

You are far too kind. I can't take all the credit for this. We all showed up as a team! To continue the trend, we'll need someone new to step up. I have a 12 hour shift on Tuesday.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
The game was pretty slow to me up until the 3rd where we seemed to be nurturing a small sense of confidence. Hope we can continue to keep that burning

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Various thoughts from Mrs. Bee throughout the game:

"Woo, Wiz!"
"If Howson couldn't draft, why are Johansen and Murray the two best players out there?"
"WHO THE **** WOULD PLAY KATY PERRY ON THE PA? I HATE THIS ****ING SONG! IT SUCKS SO BAD!"
"Wonder if Yakupov can defend like that."
"Oof, he did the splits and went feet-first into the boards."
"Okposo looks like a pretty strong player."
"Is Nabokov's chest protector pregnant?"
"Bobrovsky got an assist!"
"That guy sucks worse than Big Ten football." (I'm not sure who she was referring to)
"I'M GOING TO FIND WHOEVER MADE THOSE TIMBERLAND COMMERCIALS AND QUICK THEM SQUARE IN THE ***!"
"Aw, now we can't see Foligno yell BOBROVSKY at the end."
"Do you think Foligno will call him up and just yell BOBROVSKY, then hang up?"

:biglaugh::biglaugh: she's awesome...........................

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
And a couple more from postgame:

"If Johansen was asked how many points he could have had tonight, would he say 'oh, eight or NEIN'?"
"Murray trying to grow something too? I think it looks good, English."

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Some guys that I don't think are getting enough love are Chaput and Collins tonight.

They looked like they knew what they were doing. Granted they weren't "OMG so awesome who are these guys" but they looked confident, physical, and were able to carry the puck. Definitely think they took what Richards said to heart even though he obviously wasn't targeting them.

I do think they played well together though.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 22s

Two nights after flamed #CBJ work ethic, Dubinsky declined to chat with reporters. #statementleftonice

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Some guys that I don't think are getting enough love are Chaput and Collins tonight.

They looked like they knew what they were doing. Granted they weren't "OMG so awesome who are these guys" but they looked confident, physical, and were able to carry the puck. Definitely think they took what Richards said to heart even though he obviously wasn't targeting them.

I do think they played well together though.

I loved what Chaput brings, thought he played good tonight. Think he can be a very good 3rd line center in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad