GDT Game 16 Columbus vs. New York Islanders | 11/9 7PM EST Lost at Sea Edition

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Like how the boys took control of the game in the 2nd and buried the Isles in the 3rd. No complaints at all (except that Kevin was in the house but didn't dance)

BTW, that's exactly where Umby SHOULD be. In front of the net, deflecting shots. He should be our Holmstrom. He's very good at redirecting shots.

bizzz*

I like Chaput's skating. Smooth and powerful.

Some guys that I don't think are getting enough love are Chaput and Collins tonight.

They looked like they knew what they were doing. Granted they weren't "OMG so awesome who are these guys" but they looked confident, physical, and were able to carry the puck. Definitely think they took what Richards said to heart even though he obviously wasn't targeting them.

I do think they played well together though.

I loved what Chaput brings, thought he played good tonight. Think he can be a very good 3rd line center in the future.

I remember that just a year and a half ago I tried to say that Chaput is gonna play more NHL games than another prospects like Tynan and Kubalik. So happy for the recognition the guy gets these days. I also remember that post:

Pretty much every name in here, sans Forseberg, is more worthy than Chaput. Looks like he's gonna "win".

Well, Golo is older and still in the AHL, Kubalik is gone forever and Tynan is slowly busting. Chaput is the only one from that group in the NHL. And even Forsberg looks more promising than any of the other guys.
I mean, can we take a look back sometimes and compare our predictions to reality?

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
And all it took to get Chaput was Tom Sestito, who Philly lost on waivers anyway.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Great game! No complaints tonight!

Bob was great again, Dubi was awesome, RyJo, Atkinson, Wiz, Umberger has quietly been stringing some good efforts together, camping in front a lot lately, Chaput, Mac, Comeau, Prout all good!

No glaring errors on D. Great night all around!

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Really impressed with Blake Comeau tonight. Not on that beastly top line but he put it all on the line tonight. Unrelentless physical play from him. Efforts like that will help this team go a long ways towards being a consistent winner.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
You say that and yet I still think he should be with the team. Clearly cursing isn't a good persuasive argument.

I understand all the reasons against it. I really do. But I feel this team is better with him than without him. And I'm actually adaptable too. Don't want to bring him back as a player? Okay how about as a coach. Or in some other behind the bench capacity.

By the way I was mostly kidding about the chant.

I like the idea of bringing him back as a coach of some sort, but I don't think Prospal is ready to hang em up yet. Maybe next season.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Sounds like I missed a good one. I'll drown those sorrows by thinking of the meal I just had at The Pine Club.

No but seriously, it looks like this was a statement game by a bunch of our guys. Hopefully they remember this feeling and keep it up.

Oh and by the way I decided in chat that I dont like Chaput's name so I re dubbed him Skippy.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
For all the **** thrown Wisniewski's way, whether warranted or not, he's tied for the team lead in points (13), 5th in NHL defenseman in scoring, and leads in assists (11), and our PP isn't horrible. That's nothing to laugh at.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'll dissent a bit: I don't think we played all that well tonight. Our first game against Pittsburgh, for example, was a better effort despite the loss. But many of our scorers got the monkeys off their backs tonight, and that confidence will be something they can carry forward.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Scott Cullen ‏@tsnscottcullen 49s

Blue Jackets C Brandon Dubinsky 3 G, 7 A in last 8 GP; C Ryan Johansen 5 G, 5 A in last 11 GP; D James Wisniewski 2 G, 8 A in last 9 GP

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I remember that just a year and a half ago I tried to say that Chaput is gonna play more NHL games than another prospects like Tynan and Kubalik. So happy for the recognition the guy gets these days. I also remember that post:

And all it took to get Chaput was Tom Sestito, who Philly lost on waivers anyway.

Now now, I'm not trying to say Chaput and Collins looked great tonight.

Just that they looked much better when they had each other to pass to. Same with Johansen/Atkinson.

I also liked what Jack Johnson was doing during the 4 on 4 in the Islanders zone. He looked much more comfortable playing wing than he does playing defense. He carried the puck up the wing really well, got off a few nice passes, etc.

JACKETfan

Real Blue Jacketfan
Mar 18, 2006
Tampa
I'll dissent a bit: I don't think we played all that well tonight. Our first game against Pittsburgh, for example, was a better effort despite the loss. But many of our scorers got the monkeys off their backs tonight, and that confidence will be something they can carry forward.

I agree.

When we beat a good team, I'll be happier.

The difference in this game and other losses was goaltending that allowed our guys to mentally stay in the game.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Various thoughts from Mrs. Bee throughout the game:

"Woo, Wiz!"
"If Howson couldn't draft, why are Johansen and Murray the two best players out there?"
"WHO THE **** WOULD PLAY KATY PERRY ON THE PA? I HATE THIS ****ING SONG! IT SUCKS SO BAD!"
"Wonder if Yakupov can defend like that."
"Oof, he did the splits and went feet-first into the boards."
"Okposo looks like a pretty strong player."
"Is Nabokov's chest protector pregnant?"
"Bobrovsky got an assist!"
"That guy sucks worse than Big Ten football." (I'm not sure who she was referring to)
"I'M GOING TO FIND WHOEVER MADE THOSE TIMBERLAND COMMERCIALS AND QUICK THEM SQUARE IN THE ***!"
"Aw, now we can't see Foligno yell BOBROVSKY at the end."
"Do you think Foligno will call him up and just yell BOBROVSKY, then hang up?"

I'm sure she's a lovely lady, but she needs some new, or at least some original, material.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
For all of you asking about the group in stinger hats on the glass...it was Prout's family and friends...they bought the blue line out of 3rd Prout Jerseys last night and i'm pretty sure paid the (last I saw) $3k for his Military jersey...nice group of ppl...

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
I'm sure she's a lovely lady, but she needs some new, or at least some original, material.

She really hates that Katy Perry song. For some reason, it's been used in a bunch of different commercials, and she changes the channel whenever any of them come on. If I have the remote and don't change it, she turns into an overdramatic teenage girl, complete with eye rolling and "This song sucks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad!"

RogerSterling

Aug 25, 2013

I agree. One of the big differences between last night and, say, Thursday night was the quality of opponent. The Islanders are fifth in the league in goals against and are a bad defensive team with a bad goalie. It's great if it gets some guys confidence and they can start scoring more, but I doubt this game will translate into more wins against good competition.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
The most encouraging sign for me is the clear improvement in Bob's play, he is showing great confidence.

Agree. Now if he could just watch out for the Jackets. I think his save pct on them is either .000 or getting close to it. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad