GDT: Free Agent Frenzy (was 2017 Offseason Talk II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Hjalmarsson with a disappointing return may be bad if we are looking to move Murray.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Hjalmarsson with a disappointing return may be bad if we are looking to move Murray.

Connor Murphy with the amazing return, might be good if we are looking to move Murray.

Hawks :help:

Connor Murphy isn't all that different than Murray in their development curves. Inconsistent, injury plagued, defensive-dmen than haven't shown the offensive flair.

Murphy is a RD, more physical. Murray has a much better contract, more poise.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I know this draft blows, but is an unproven small goalie and Stepan worth the 7th overall pick and another 1st round pick defenseman?

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
I'm glad we dealt for guys like MOtte and Schroeder, and resigned Broadhurst. The forward depth for Cleveland was rough last year, and the first two definitely can step in for NHL injuries.

Also, if PLD proves ready, I'm warming up to a Jenner-PLD pair on the 3rd line next year. He can acclimate into the league without a ton of pressure to produce. Plus, Jenner can cover some faceoffs and such as needed.

Jenner-Dubois-Anderson as a 3rd line is a pretty good way to start your first NHL season.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
So the rumor is the Isles offered Hamonic+1st+Prospect for Duchene. You guys want to top that? I sure don't

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Remember, we can offer the Avs something no one else can:

We can get the Monsters to return any Avs property they left laying around the Q or OBM Arena (practice rink).

Yes, that was sarcasm.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Re: Trading 1st rounders: Does the NHL have a version of the Stepien Rule or can you trade 1st rounders in back-to-back years?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Depends on the prospect.

Murray + Milano + 2018 1st?
I eliminated Collins

Maybe if they return a 2018 2nd or retain some salary or something like that. I like Duchene and think Torts could maximize his value but based on last couple of years lessens his trade value imo.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
If we acquired Duchene, here's a potential lineup (I didn't overload the top line but instead went for chemistry and spread out scoring).

Panarin - Wennberg - Foligno <- Panarin brings speed, Wennberg is the pivot, Foligno does work down low.
Jenner - Duchene - Atkinson <- Duchene and Atkinson bring speed. Jenner does the work down low.
Calvert - Dubinsky - Anderson <- Starts game against opponent's top line.
Hartnell - PLD - Bjorkstrand <- "Youth" line, PLD can shift to LW and Sedlak takes center.
Sedlak

Werenski - Jones
Johnson - Savard
Nutivaara - Carlsson
Harrington
Gavrikov

Bobrovsky
Korpisalo

Last edited:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
If we acquired Duchene, here's a potential lineup (I didn't overload the top line but instead went for chemistry and spread out scoring).

Panarin - Wennberg - Foligno <- Panarin brings speed, Wennberg is the pivot, Foligno does work down low.
Jenner - Duchene - Atkinson <- Duchene and Atkinson bring speed. Jenner does the work down low.
Calvert - Dubinsky - Anderson <- Starts game against opponent's top line.
Hartnell - PLD - Bjorkstrand <- "Youth" line, Milano can fill in if needed or PLD can shift to LW and Sedlak takes center.
Sedlak

Werenski - Jones
Johnson - Savard
Nutivaara - Murray
Carlsson
Harrington

Bobrovsky
Korpisalo

Did you acquire Duchene via Milano & Gavrikov & a 1st? We lose Murray in any hypothetical Duchene scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad