GDT Flying Injured/MumpsFeatherings @Oil Leak Part Duex!! 6:30PT/ No Eastern Views ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
IIRC some figured it was because they wanted someone who would go easy on the team while they were in a transition phase.

Huh. Fits into the general Oilers style, so I don't doubt it. He seemed very mellow in what I heard from him today. I think he deserved better than that job, though, purely speaking in terms of a team's competitveness. Financially, it's probalby more than decent.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Huh. Fits into the general Oilers style, so I don't doubt it. He seemed very mellow in what I heard from him today. I think he deserved better than that job, though, purely speaking in terms of a team's competitveness. Financially, it's probalby more than decent.

You mean Sharks? They gassed him over that. I'm actually surprised the Oil brought him in, he's not afraid to give it to them, although he's been softer than I remember. Maybe that was one of the conditions of bringing him in, I dunno.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Somehow, my feed got waaaaay behind. Couple of between period buffering issues I guess. Anyway, the EDM announcers as well as the Sportsnet guys who do the between period show were really making an issue of Fasth's yelling at his team from the bench after he got pulled (with video). I guess those kind of things are all they have left to talk about this season in EDM. For the record, they all supported Viktor.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
You mean Sharks? They gassed him over that. I'm actually surprised the Oil brought him in, he's not afraid to give it to them, although he's been softer than I remember. Maybe that was one of the conditions of bringing him in, I dunno.

Yeah, that's what I'd guess. Seems to be one of the most controlled media evironments around the Oil.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Wouldn't surprise me if they were saying it wrong. The Canadian guys I mean.

I wonder if once his playing days were over, he told everybody they were pronouncing it wrong? Reminds me of the fact the Guy Hebert is not French and let people mispronounce his name his whole life (even before making the NHL) because he thought it sounded more like a hockey name. :laugh:

http://icehockey.wikia.com/wiki/Guy_Hebert

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I wonder if once his playing days were over, he told everybody they were pronouncing it wrong? Reminds me of the fact the Guy Hebert is not French and let people mispronounce his name his whole life (even before making the NHL) because he thought it sounded more like a hockey name. :laugh:

Would it even matter if he told them? 22 years, they never could say Selanne.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Comedy gold from the Oil PGT...

Jets fan here, Is it at all possible that you wore them out before they face us tomorrow?

Nope.

Not even close.

Warmed them up for you unfortunately.

Ducks played about 15mins in this game.

They simply rolled lines, rested the stars, and everybody got pretty equal minutes.

So no.

Nuge - 22:38

Getzlaf - 16:53

That's the least Getz has played in any game this year. 2nd least was in the last game vs the Oilers.

No wonder corsi wins are coming more easily. Teams are figuring out the minimum effort needed to beat us and getting it down to a science. Smart move by them, not only does it conserve energy and avoid injuries to their key guys, but it also makes the Oilers think they're improving so they will suck indefinitely.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Just finished watching. Ducks looked completely uninterested after going up 3-0. It is actually lucky they were playing the oilers and not a better team.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
another game where we get a good lead and then stop playing.

fowler hip check...wha wha wha!?! more please

getz goalie interference = ********, scrivens was 3 feet out of the net, skated toward getz, then stopped moving. call the pick you stripped ass monkeys.

i like that they can shut down other teams in the last two minutes this year, but i am starting to hate 1 goal games.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
another game where we get a good lead and then stop playing.

fowler hip check...wha wha wha!?! more please

getz goalie interference = ********, scrivens was 3 feet out of the net, skated toward getz, then stopped moving. call the pick you stripped ass monkeys.

i like that they can shut down other teams in the last two minutes this year, but i am starting to hate 1 goal games.
Everyone stops playing against the Oilers.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004

Let's not forget those dumbass Kings fans who kept whining about Hayward mispronouncing Norström's name when their beloved Fox & Miller tagteam mispronounced Hebert's and Selänne's name for what 20 years.

Oh and the fact that 99,99% of Kings fans, including Fox & Miller, couldn't pronounce Norström's name properly themselves.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I know a few guys who pronounce their name one way and everyone else pronounces it another, it's way more common than you'd think. Apparently it's quite common league-wide with Russian players in the league.
I do as well, mostly southeast and south Asians. They claim it's just easier than trying to explain how their names are pronounced (even though I swear to god I'm making the same noises they are, but whatever).

In any case, I can't imagine him saying, "no, it's fine, call me Tee-moo Suh-lanny."

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Thought team played extremely well until that hit on fowler and the turnover/goal. Then we stopped skating/moving the puck well. Part of that was our effort but oilers were very very aggressive. One thing I noticed is the wingers were making board to board passes instead of driving through the middle. Their defense picked them off easily so we turned puck over in neutral zone a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad