WC: GDT: Czechs vs Kazakhstan

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I am hoping the Czechs can squeeze this out. Kaut and Vozelnik are in. Unlike every other nation getting great news of amazing NHL players coming, our roster is full and we seem to be determined to play our worst goalie and sit our NHL one who I'd say would be Top 5 in this tournament (Vejmelka).

Canada and the US are 2 and 0 just like everyone predicted!

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
I am hoping the Czechs can squeeze this out. Kaut and Vozelnik are in. Unlike every other nation getting great news of amazing NHL players coming, our roster is full and we seem to be determined to play our worst goalie and sit our NHL one who I'd say would be Top 5 in this tournament (Vejmelka).

Canada and the US are 2 and 0 just like everyone predicted!
Langhamer will start vs. Kazakhstan. Vejmelka probably vs. Latvia. Normal rotation of all 3 goalies. I don't know who invented the story about Hrubec being the starter for the entire tournament.

Poiquets

Oct 17, 2019
Best of luck for the game, Czechboy! Rooting for the Czechs also. Can you help me a bit; how do the PP lines look?

The Shorthanded play of Kazakshtan looked very aggressive against Norway, I could see that it could turn against them against the skilled Czechs who are capable of giving some nifty passes under pressure.

Reactions: BigBadBoar

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Love the forward lines.

The D is awful and you can't mix it in anyway to look good. I question Dvorak and Kostalek ahead of Knot and Zboril but it really doesn't make much difference. We don't have a difference maker on D.

f*** the goalie rotation. Imagine comitting early, flying into the EHT games in Brno and then being benched twice? Why would an NHL goalie want to come to sit on a bench?

I think it'll be close for awhile... we need to score early.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
OP, quick, change the name of the thread before Kazakhs would see how you butchered the name of their glorious country!

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I really don't see any problem with starting Langhamer against Kazakhstan. We have 3 very solid goalies.
We have 1 very good one in Vejmelka, a solid one in Langhamer and a shaky (international) one in Hrubec.

Same question.. name a nation that rotates 3 goalies at the World's and wins? It's also possible they've determined Vejmelka is the third goalie. It's madness.... we seem to be trying to put together our weakest possible rosters and hoping for 'intangibles' to win.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Kaut with some noticeable looks.

Same with Zboril.

I love Kaut in top 6 on line 2.. think it's the perfect spot for him!

BUT

I imagine he is on a very short leash.

He strikes me as a classic tweener... if he's not in Top 6 then he's not effective in bottom 6. The kind of guy that either gets 15 minutes a night in Top 6 or a healthy scratch. So he needs to really battle for this spot!

I'm assuming Zboril moves up the rotation as this progressses.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
The Czech fans wanted a sniper from Boston at this tournament and they got a sniper from Boston
You mock and I don't blame you but he could end up being on top pair by the time this is said and done. I also think he'll be fulltime next year in NHL. Mind you', i've said that for 5 years.haha

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
That kazakh goalie got so low to the ground for that shot... I'd recommend shooting high!

Happy for Zboril, now get Kaut one!

Also, very curious how Vozelnik does... he looked good in EHT but nothing about my 'stat watching' suggests a very good player and he clearly is. Late bloomer!

TomB

Jul 20, 2016
According to their online schedule, TSN is supposed to be carrying this game. Instead, they seem to be playing some blooper show. Anyone know what's going on?

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
According to their online schedule, TSN is supposed to be carrying this game. Instead, they seem to be playing some blooper show. Anyone know what's going on?
Guide says the game but yeah, some bullshit highlighter blooper thing.lol No idea why.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Neat Nagano fact:

Only 2 nations scored 2 goals on Hasek in a game

Russia in round robin

AND

Kazakhstan in round robin

US got 1, Finland got 0, Canada got 1 and Russia got 0 in the rematch.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
We are kinda sleepy in the second so far ...

This can cost us, cmnon lets speed it up score more 2-3 goals and be over with it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad