GDT: Canada vs Italy 1PM Torino Time, 7 AM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qui Gon Dave

Aug 3, 2005
Cheshire, England
Steve L said:
I have to say, I love watching hockey at a civilised hour and having you Canucks get up at an insane hour to see your team. :p:

The funniest thing though is the English commentator who also does football and ice dancing.

i'd agree with the first part if i could watch the game instead of having to work, but hopefully the Russia match will be on some part of the BBC tonight.

Is the commentator the guy who was calling the womens games? And is he still on his own doing the commentry? Not a big fan of his if its the same guy.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
fisher said:
These Italians came to play. I'm impressed. I hope they score a goal, it'd be huge.

Go Canada!
Canada definitely looks pretty sluggish so far and Italy's actually managed a couple solid shots on goal. I fully expect Canada to come out in the second period looking to simplify their game and get more shots on goal.

Westlander

the olden time
Aug 31, 2004
The Netherlands
CuJo#31 said:
^ This is the right link now

Strange thing, I'm in Europe and the SWE-KAZ gamecast works fine, but something is blocking Canada-Italy. It refuses to start. All the other channels on the site work except that one, so it must be deliberate.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Lecavilier_4 said:
Still.. they seem to be floating...
I think it might have a little more to do with the fact that it's 5:30 in the morning for lots of these guys. They look a little sluggish but they'll get it going in the second period.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lecavilier_4 said:
Still.. they seem to be floating...

They need their legs, which can only come by playing.

It's not like Canada played terrible, Italy just played well.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
FreshBrew said:
Todd Bertuzzi has tried more in this game than he has all year.

I thought he was the best player through 20.

Draper should never again appear on the top line with Sakic and Iginla. Why is a checking CENTRE playing left wing on the top scoring line? Ridiculous.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Wow, what a first period. There was good flow for being a first game, despite some penalties being called. I think this is looking good for the bigger games in the tournament.

Italy has been impressive. They are skating pretty well, and don't seem to be backing down from the physical play.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
trippyime said:
I thought he was the best player through 20.

Draper should never again appear on the top line with Sakic and Iginla. Why is a checking CENTRE playing left wing on the top scoring line? Ridiculous.

Exactly...Heatley should be moved up there.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Nazzy-19 said:
I hope Quinn puts somebody else besides Draper on the line with Sakic and Iginla. Its such a waste.
I would love to see Smyth switch plays with Draper on that line. Smyth-Sakic-Iginla would just be dominant...

kingsfan25

Jul 25, 2003
Canada
Visit site
fisher said:
These Italians came to play. I'm impressed. I hope they score a goal, it'd be huge.

Go Canada!

Yeah.

They're actually playing a very solid all-around game. One thing I've noticed is that they're really adeptly and intuitively blocking the Canadians' passes...I think that's a big reason the score's the way it is...they're doing it in a very uncommon way, too, going down to a knee at just the right moments to impede the lane to the front of the net. Their goalie's predicting and folowing cross-crease passes and shots very well too.

Good for them...didn't want to be embarassed today. However, it remains to be seen if they can keep this pace for two more periods.

shawn_kemp*

why did the referee called that penalty against Parco? Jeeez!

anyway, Italy is giving 110%.

Jedrik

Aug 14, 2005
Honestly, it's the first twenty minutes of hockey for this team, and between unfamiliarity, fatigue and jetlag, it looks to be exactly what I expected. I mean, just think that it's still 8AM for some of these guys and even 5AM for others.

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
Italy is playing pretty physical and quick on the puck, but also very tight defensively when Canada is on the attack. Chances are 5-2 Canada by my count, and a those Canadian chances have been much higher quality than the Italian ones.

PapaBear*

canada needs to pick it up, they should be dominating the italian breads.

Qui Gon Dave

Aug 3, 2005
Cheshire, England
Steve L said:
Its Barry Davies doing the commentary with (I think) the womens commentator doing the colour.

Cheers, glad to hear Barry Davis is invovled now, should make the games a little more enjoyable and easier to follow than the guy doing the womens commentry, my mum watched the USA - Finland womens game last night and didn't understand what the guy was trying to say most of the time when he would try and explain something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad