GDT: Canada vs Italy 1PM Torino Time, 7 AM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Rattlehead*

Good win for Canada, pretty exciting game overall. Italy played well in my opinion.

Why did McCabe get so much ice time? He screwed up on the second goal and was pretty bad defensively in today's game.

Canucksrock

Feb 4, 2005
Caledon
jtuzzi said:
I have two mid-term tests tommorow, at 10 am and 12 noon respectively. I will be up and at 'er at 4 am, baby!

Tuzzi i got same thing well had 10:30am and 12:30am, i didnt' get up to watch tho nice to see Bert actually playing like he knows how. Go Canada.

PanthersFanatic12

Aug 2, 2005
Bouwmeester looked good today . Luongo starting against germany , which i am happy about . Brodeur had an off day today

PanthersFanatic12

Aug 2, 2005
monster_bertuzzi said:
If Bouwmeester would play as well for Florida as he does for team Canada, they would be a playoff team.
Bouwmeester is paired up with sean hill in florida , so he has to always cover for his mistakes all the time .

Big Daddy

Dec 16, 2005
monster_bertuzzi said:
Too bad I missed the game, sounds like the boys (well, most of them) played well. Go Bertuzzi. :clap:
It was a great game until early in the second period. Italy battled hard early and Canada looked like they were jet laggin. Even the commentators were impressed with Italy's coaching and team play. However, Canada came alive and the rest is history. Bertuzzi did well and was definetly a factor.
Monster Bertuzzi, you listening to the Giants tonight? They're on a roll.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Big Daddy said:
It was a great game until early in the second period. Italy battled hard early and Canada looked like they were jet laggin. Even the commentators were impressed with Italy's coaching and team play. However, Canada came alive and the rest is history. Bertuzzi did well and was definetly a factor.
Monster Bertuzzi, you listening to the Giants tonight? They're on a roll.

I can't stand Mojo's play by play announcer (Kenway or something is his name?) whenever the Giants come remotley close to scoring it sounds like he's yelling at his child.

Big Daddy

Dec 16, 2005
monster_bertuzzi said:
I can't stand Mojo's play by play announcer (Kenway or something is his name?) whenever the Giants come remotley close to scoring it sounds like he's yelling at his child.
I hear ya, he needs ritalin at times, but he's the only voice around. Kind of a homer but do you have any other options I don't know about?

Vinceee

Go Foreurs Go!
Apr 27, 2004
Amos, QC
Lots of people were complaining about Bertuzzi's nomination on team Canada but today he was by far the best player on the ice... imo :handclap:

rad_sci_guy

Aug 17, 2005
Thornhill
I thought this was such a boring game. There really didn't seem to be any flow from either team. Personally I don't read much into anyone's performance today as it was Italy. You guys picking apart Brodeur and McCabe are worse than the media; making something from nothing. I saw a lot of bad plays from the other so called "better calibre" defencemen (ex Pronger giving up the 2 on 1 that Brodeur saved his *** on). And if you think Luongo will do better than Brodeur think again. Let's wait till Canada gets some real competition before we start to judge their play. :teach:

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Borlag said:
That's how it is in Europe all the time. Though I suppose it'd be near impossible to broadcast them in US or Canada without them.
In the old days in Canada, there was only one commercial at a time during small breaks like before the faceoffs and such but because of American stations' request, there are now three commercials in a row. It's not fun but I rather have that then see a bunch of ads on the uniforms. The ads on hockey players in Europe hurt my eyes.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
The_Eck said:
This was an absolute pathetic display by team Canada! Seeing how Sweden beat Kazakhstan 7-2, and Kaza is far superior to Italy, Team Canada is in big TROUBLE!!

I'm very disappointed. Canada has to stop floating around and start being more gritty especially on the defensive end.
Since when does Canada start strong?

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
PapaBear said:
They always do, cause swedish chocolate is the best. But italians are only good for bread and pasta. :propeller
Swedish chocolate?!? I've never tried that. I think it's safer to eat Swedish meatballs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad