WJC: GDT: Canada – Slovakia (6:30 p.m. ET)

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Me neither. Hands down an all timer.

You should be proud of the way your team battled and pushed Canada to the brink.

It’s a shame this Slovak team won’t get to play for a medal. You can see how much this meant to those kids too.

Fantastic game. Junior hockey is the best, that was so entertaining.
Actually it still can play for a medal. Like 90% of the team are 2004 - 2005 borns, so they will be back next year

Reactions: snipes

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
i think canada has lost that "edge".....what i mean is teams are not afraid of them anymore, and now have a belief that they can beat them at this tourney..... i think we all would agree that closer comp makes for a better holiday tourney at this age group and i personally just love seeing czechia/slovakia/swiss teams get better and better and i hope to see the same from latvia/germany/etc.

Reactions: Nowotny

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Hard to blame him , he's 1v1 against Bedard.
Like Mcdavid , sometime you can't just stop them.

The issue is more that he had the puck, panicked, and put an unforced turnover up the boards right back to Bedard. Then he got danced but the turnover was the issue. Can't handle the puck like that 3-on-3. He was tired as the Slovaks should have changed when they had cleared the puck (Nemec was motioning like he was going off and inexplicably stayed on).

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
i think canada has lost that "edge".....what i mean is teams are not afraid of them anymore, and now have a belief that they can beat them at this tourney..... i think we all would agree that closer comp makes for a better holiday tourney at this age group and i personally just love seeing czechia/slovakia/swiss teams get better and better and i hope to see the same from latvia/germany/etc.

Every year is different.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
We beat them 11-1 like last year. They have a strong group and put everything into this one but don't try and look to big into one game.

Reactions: Leviathan899

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Canada played well but couldn't finish against a hot goalie. I doubt we beat the Americans with our defensive play, though. This team is basically the Oilers without a Draisaitl.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
Every year is different.
100% agree, but lets be honest 10 years ago canada is no doubt finishing 1st in group and there first KO game is a 10-0 blowout.....point being that some of the other countries are getting closer to the "top" teams, and canada was just about unbeatable on home ice in this tourney

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad