OT: GDT: Blue Jays vs Royals Game 6 ALCS

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Dammit...

Well it a nice run and a very exciting season....:(

that BS strike call changed that entire bat...the water cooler took a beating over that one.

Well I hope the Mets crush the Royals dreams now.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Missed a balk that would have tied the game too. Some pretty significant errors by the home plate umpire.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Dammit...

Well it a nice run and a very exciting season....:(

that BS strike call changed that entire bat...the water cooler took a beating over that one.

Well I hope the Mets crush the Royals dreams now.

I just caught the last part of the game and since most of the series seemed to be played in the afternoon I didn't catch much of the series as a whole. But I noticed that they showed the pitch location most of the time, but not for the most controversial pitch. Is that normal for the coverage? I was waiting to see if it actually came close to the strike zone.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
They need to get rid of showing the strike zone outline as all umpires have different strike zones.

And that's the problem, I think robots for balls and strikes isn't such a bad idea. There should be no grey are for balls and strikes.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
I just caught the last part of the game and since most of the series seemed to be played in the afternoon I didn't catch much of the series as a whole. But I noticed that they showed the pitch location most of the time, but not for the most controversial pitch. Is that normal for the coverage? I was waiting to see if it actually came close to the strike zone.

They do usually show the pitch location so not sure why they didn't. On MLB.com I saw a visual representation of the pitch location (tracked by computer/radar whatever) and it wasn't even close like half a foot off the plate.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
And that's the problem, I think robots for balls and strikes isn't such a bad idea. There should be no grey are for balls and strikes.

I've always thought that myself. The technology is a breeze. Have a zone and if the ball touches it - strike - if not ball. Umps can make all other judgement calls. Not that dissimilar if a puck is over the goal line or not. You could have a electronic signal for a goal as well in hockey.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
They do usually show the pitch location so not sure why they didn't. On MLB.com I saw a visual representation of the pitch location (tracked by computer/radar whatever) and it wasn't even close like half a foot off the plate.

Thanks. That is how I saw it, but wanted to see the confirmation.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Wow. Damn.

My hometown Jets will have to wait a week or so. The Royals are in the World Series again! **** yeah!

You know, for a lot of reasons, I'm a bigger hockey fan than I am a baseball fan, but weirdly, the Royals are my oldest fan favourite. Them winning the WS back in'85 probably had a lot to do with it.

Royals vs Mets. I think my boys can get this. :)

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Wow. Damn.

My hometown Jets will have to wait a week or so. The Royals are in the World Series again! **** yeah!

You know, for a lot of reasons, I'm a bigger hockey fan than I am a baseball fan, but weirdly, the Royals are my oldest fan favourite. Them winning the WS back in'85 probably had a lot to do with it.

Royals vs Mets. I think my boys can get this. :)

How can you be excited that Canada's team lost? ;)

In any case, should be an interesting off season for them lots of guys to re-up, or try to anyways. Donaldson, Tulo, Price. Hope they come back to try again.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
How can you be excited that Canada's team lost? ;)

In any case, should be an interesting off season for them lots of guys to re-up, or try to anyways. Donaldson, Tulo, Price. Hope they come back to try again.

The only FA in that bunch is Price, Donaldson and Tulo are locked up. A few guys have options that need to be picked up and they need to qualify Estrada, that's about it. They won't resign Price and it looks as if they're ready to let Stroman lead the staff, although he's no David Price.

With Beeston leaving the biggest question mark is Anthpolous.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
There will be a overhaul in the pitching staff and they do have some important decisions to make as new president Shapiro comes in. Anybody know when natural grass will be installed in Rogers, that new turf is a joke.

Derfel*

We had a long conversation about this the other day - why not put the "plate" empire behind a computer screen that tracks (Pitchtrax?) the strike zone?

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014

The games on Fox were kind of hit and miss with the strike zone graphic, lots of pitches without it. I hate to say it, but the Sportsnet method was better, IMO, with the graphic in the bottom right of the screen for every pitch.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00