OT: GDT: Blue Jays vs Royals Game 6 ALCS

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Thought maybe we could have a Jets-centered GDT for the Jays game. I know a LOT of people around here are big fans. I also know there is a Jets game that ya'll will be commenting about on that GDT. At least this thread will be close in proximity to the Jets vs Bolts one :)

Without further ado:

hwl
vs.
hwl

Starting Pitchers:
LHP DAVID PRICE
456034.jpg

VS
RHP YORDANO VENTURA
570649.jpg

LET'S GO JAYS!

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
I'm thinking 4-2 Jays. Price starts shakey giving up two runs early but settles down.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
I'm liking the Jays chances. I think Price is overdue for a good start and he had one going last time until the 7th . Tulowitzki is heating up now as well.

Then for game 7 they have Stroman vs. Cueto I like that matchup.

Let's go Jays.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Estrada saved this teams bacon by going 8 and allowing the bullpen a much needed breather, they are waaay overexposed. Price needs to do the same thing, if he doesn't go at least 7 and keep it close, the Jays are cooked.

Price has to work inside and out tonight and in particular establish the inside part of the plate, if he doesn't he won't get through the order a 3rd time and last 6 innings. He has the stuff, time to actually execute a game plan.

Oh, and somebody needs to try and have Ventura lose his mind tonight, that might be the key to the game.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Sorry Jets, but I'll be glued to this game tonight.

I know the Royals were in the post season last year, but before that it was 30 years ago, so who knows when I'll be able to watch them in the playoffs again. Whereas there are still 75 more regular season games to play after tonight for the Jets.

Go Royals Go!

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
First and final warning: There's an ignore thread option for a reason. Post about the game, or don't. It's that simple.

I think there's enough interest that we can keep this as a separate thread. Enjoy!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Last time the Jays did anything of significance was the year I moved to Toronto from Winnipeg with my better half back in '93 - seems like an eternity ago.

Go Jays! :yo:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I was an Expo fan before I was a Blue Jays fan but those teams in the mid 80's with Bell Moseby and Barfield eventually won me over. All the near misses starting in 85 against these same royals made those 2 WS wins feel pretty amazing.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Roberto Alomar

Was my favorite Jay

That jays team that won back to back, was a stack team
From hitter 1 to 8 then you got Winfield as the DH

White
Alomar
Carter
Winfield
Olerud
Grueber

That was the top 6 hitter
Crazy line up

Who's that shortstop again, that dude was good D also

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Seems to be all or nothing for Donaldson, Bautista and Encarnacion in the playoffs. Just get hits, don't swing for the fences. Most of their hits are doubles or homers, which would be fine if they could shorten up and just get on base sometimes too.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Just following on game tracker, and it says Price has thrown 25 pitches with 17 of them strikes. Looks like he just made two mistakes. Also saw that second home run replay, looks to me like fan interference, not sure about that one.

They have to get their bats going. Price has only given up two hits but both have been home runs.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
How does Osuna throw a slider to Cain on 3-2 after he couldn't catch up with 3 straight fastballs?

Crazy

Change up to Hosmer, even crazier

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Roberto Alomar

Was my favorite Jay

That jays team that won back to back, was a stack team
From hitter 1 to 8 then you got Winfield as the DH

White
Alomar
Carter