GDT: Bettman's 1PM EST Press Conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Phil Laugher said:
Good riddance, I suppose. Cue the CHL TV deals, because the NHL deals might as well be printed on crackers now.
And Sportsnet is doing a dance right now.... if they were smart, they'd have already been planning a number of Saturday night games (actually, they should have been doing that since the beginning of October).

As far as the NHL goes...... if they ditch the season, screw 'em. Both the league and the players association should have looked at what happened to Major League Baseball following 1994 - if baseball can't rebound, what the hell makes them think the NHL can? Oh yeah, I guess it would be the same donkeys that each felt they had the upper hand in the process.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Hmm this may not be all bad.., considering the Canadian teams would only be able to use Canadian players in a replacement scenario, the Leafs might actually be able to bring a cup home! As well, Don Cherry gets his no europeans in the NHL!

See its not all doom and gloom!

j/k- I probably won't watch NHL for a long time after this. I just don't care.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
McDonald19 said:
Someone just asked him about the draft...

"before we play again we will need to have a draft"

as far as the details... "we haven't focused on that yet"
People are going to run away with that quote without realizing that it's pointless to spend time figuring out the draft until you get a CBA if you're not going to have a draft until you have a CBA.

MissTeeks

Feb 1, 2005
Calgary, AB
"There is no animosity between the league and the players blah, blah blah" yeah right, keep telling yourself that, what ever helps you sleep at night.

chicpea*

"In this process, you have to say what you mean, or you lose all your credibility."

"There is absolutely no animosity between the league and its players."

Mr.Brownov*

Is it not terrible enough that we have no hockey?Stop offering us to watch basketball you evil people!!!!!

Fists of Fuhry

Jun 26, 2002
Visit site
For Shame

the money from the 6.5 Millon dollar gap should've been invested in sending the players back to University for some education. Now what will I do when Modano spills the morning coffee all over my newspapers at IHOP? :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

AlexGodynyuk

Feb 3, 2005
davemess said:
Dont they have this same thing coming up next summer?
The NBA CBA is up this summer, however the issues are nowhere near this bad. They already have their cap, most teams are running profitably, players are well paid. There are a few points to argue over (as the NBA CBA is pretty heavily favoured towards the owners), it might lead to cancellation of a few games, but there's no way they miss a season, they're a hell of a lot closer then the NHL and their PA.

Crows*

Jody_Vance_skyscraper.jpg

on a good note...

:bow: :bow: :amazed: :eek: :handclap:

Dave141

Aug 31, 2004
I used to be pro-owner, but now I hate Bettman. I will cheer if any clubs go out of business. I will call the NLRB to lobby them to reject the use of replacements. This sport sucks.

rekrul

Mar 7, 2003
bittersville,ca
Visit site
ScottyBowman said:
Kind of late for that. I've always been an NBA fan so I'm not really worried about having no NHL. I have plenty of things to watch. Many people will disagree with me (for some reason hockey fans hate basketball) but check out the NBA playoffs. They are entertaining.

free throws /time outs/ substitiutions doesn't really help my hockey fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad