Olympics: GDT Battle for Bronze SWE-SVK

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Go cry some more. Theese are always funny takes after a loss! I thought Swedish and Russian media said Finland had an easy way to finals with Slovakia? :D :D

Finland-Slovakia might have been a harder game than ROC-SWE. Many people kept underestimating Slovakia till the very end.

member 305909

I usually think these bronze medal-games are a waste of time but this was nice to watch.

Usually the team which is hungrier and less disappointed about not being in the final goes on to win the 3rd place-game.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I think he might ops to play at the men's Worlds and TPS, if their games are still going during the division 1A tournament.

That's a good point. His rest of the season might be tightly packed in the amount of games.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Watching the replay currently. How the hell did Swedish player not get a 5+20 for hit in the head against Slovakia, But markus Granlund got 5+20 against Sweden for an accident. Its just absolutely horrible reffing as always

Reactions: BMann and Imppair

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Watching the replay currently. How the hell did Swedish player not get a 5+20 for hit in the head against Slovakia, But markus Granlund got 5+20 against Sweden for an accident. Its just absolutely horrible reffing as always

This. And Swedish media cried like hell after the "Granlund-incident". Even though the Swede actually lowered his head just before impact. Swedes are funny ppl. They will cry again, just like they did after the losses against Finland&Russia. Referees are always against them...

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
More importantly, he's going to be 18 by the time the tournament starts, rendering him ineligible. Would have been amusing to see him in the Division 1A of U18 after such a great Olympic tournament though.
everyone born 2004 or later is eligible. It doesn't matter when your birthday is. So he can play, but I doubt he will. We will still win that tournament easily even without him or Nemec.

Reactions: Urbanskog

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Excellent performance of Slovakia, helped by a happy first goal and then a mistake from a player from whom I would not expect a mistake. Sweden did not lose the match just because of less time to rest, it would be disrespectful to Slovakia's performance. The Swedes simply didn't have the quality today, and in combination with less time to rest, it was only about the Slovaks adding a third goal and winning a medal for themselves. Although it would be a bad quality Swedish team, the coach is responsible for the selection. He could have chosen better, so I wouldn't go into that and deal with this tournament very much.

Congratulations once again to Slovakia, today Sweden is clearly defeated and they could only think of the bronze medal for a few minutes.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
I wonder how much this helps our ranking.
By my calculations, GER, CZE and SUI fall behind, while SWE stays ahead. So go up from 9 -> 6. Of course, there will double points awarded in olympic years with the WHC also affecting the ranking, so need to do well there as well or the climb will be very temporary.

Reactions: tobu

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
everyone born 2004 or later is eligible. It doesn't matter when your birthday is. So he can play, but I doubt he will. We will still win that tournament easily even without him or Nemec.
Interesting that they have different rules for U18 and U20. But I do hope he shows up there then, not that Slovakia wouldn't already be the favorite but more to see how absolutely dominant he would be against that level of competition.

HamburgerSK

Jan 18, 2022
More importantly, he's going to be 18 by the time the tournament starts, rendering him ineligible. Would have been amusing to see him in the Division 1A of U18 after such a great Olympic tournament though.
Eligible to play in U18 championship are players born in year 2014. Slafkovský and also Nemec stated several times that they want to participate.

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
Interesting that they have different rules for U18 and U20. But I do hope he shows up there then, not that Slovakia wouldn't already be the favorite but more to see how absolutely dominant he would be against that level of competition.
hate to correct you again, but the same rules apply for the U20 tournament. This year all players born 2002 or later can play at WJC.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Central Europe should set up their own EHT tournament & EHT season. That would do good for the sport in that are of Europe. The way FIN, CZE, RUS, SWE does it. 4 mini tournaments a year, 3 games in each of those = 12 games total.

The teams should be:
SVK, GER, SUI and maybe Austria or Latvia? Actually don't know about the 4th one, but there needs to be 4.

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
Congratz Slovakia what a great improvement after the first few games.

With this kind of play even gold wouldn't have been impossible.

Reactions: Svedu

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Central Europe should set up their own EHT tournament & EHT season. That would do good for the sport in that are of Europe. The way FIN, CZE, RUS, SWE does it. 4 mini tournaments a year, 3 games in each of those = 12 games total.

The teams should be:
SVK, GER, SUI and maybe Austria or Latvia? Actually don't know about the 4th one, but there needs to be 4.

There is a German cup and Swiss cup played every year. It's usually Germany, Switzerland, Slovakia and Russia's European B team.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
And swedes crying on the bench. Olympics is the hockey.
I understand the players' reaction but 8 year olds cry when they lose a tournament as well. Hockey in these Olympics was like drinking non alcoholic beer. A poor version of the real thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad