Olympics: GDT Battle for Bronze SWE-SVK

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I look forward seeing Dvorsky centering Slafkovsky on the same line with perhaps Mesar och Chromiak on the other wing. Not this year but in the future for sure.

Lång intervju med Dalibor Dvorsky

What ever happened to Cajkovic who got drafted by Tampa? He had some talent in him at the juniors.
You guys have some big and talented guys in Krivosik, Regenda, Ruzicka. Just wow, congrats!
Then Liska, Roman, Pospisil, Bucek, Kelemen etc.

Last edited:

OskarOskarius

Jan 7, 2019
Well, I´ve read many Swedish posters claiming that you guys would be the far superior nation from Europe and guess what? These last years shows that's false. Couldn't be more far from the truth. There you go.
No since we have fielded G teams while finns and ruskies have sent their best available the past three years says nothing. If you account NHL players most would agree its a fair fight between Sweden, Finland and Russia. Sweden have better defensemen while Finland and Russia usually have better forwards, at least when looking at the top lines. Goalies are pretty even. No country have amazing goalies in Europe.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
No since we have fielded G teams while finns and ruskies have sent their best available the past three years says nothing. If you account NHL players most would agree its a fair fight between Sweden, Finland and Russia. Sweden have better defensemen while Finland and Russia usually have better forwards, at least when looking at the top lines. Goalies are pretty even. No country have amazing goalies in Europe.

I guess you forgot 2019 already. Half of your roster back then had your best players from the NHL? We didn't even have any KHL players? Guess how it went? :D

Kezaster

Apr 29, 2013
Warmest congratulations slovakia for the bronze I. One bounce the other way and you'd probably be waiting for the finals right now. What an entertaining team.

Reactions: tobu

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
I think Slafko should be put to a top line in TPS. If he can dominate on international level, he can no doubt do it in Liiga. This should and most likely will be noticed with the team management and think about in from the perspective of his development. Juuso Pärssinen is at least a decent center, not sure about the others. Put Slafko at least on 1st PP.

Reactions: stastny12 and Svedu

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Yeah after spanking the world’s ass twice in a row.

Yeah. Only the fact how Sweden is now in the deep media-induced state of national mourning is enough to tell the hockey playing world about the depth of Swedish hockey.

If I'd be Swede, I wouldn't be concerned at all. As a Finn I consider top 4 placement as a minimum achievement in international tournaments for The Lions. I assume that for The Three Kronor the criteria of success is more tighter than that.

Yes, I know how it feels in a moment of loss, mostly thanks to The Big Brother in a past.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Slovakia is the best skating team in the tournament. Not sure if swedish nhl players would have even helped against this Slovakia.
You keep telling that to yourself.

lord.jpg

Reactions: lawrence

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
What a beautiful surprise this tournament has been. Great props to Craig Ramsay and the work he has done over the years with Slovak hockey. I know he is not young, but I hope he stays for many years to come. An Olympic medal in ice-hockey for Slovakia, something even the golden generation did not achieve. Absolutely brilliant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad