Post-Game Talk: GDT: #7| FLYERS at Pittsburgh |Wed., Oct. 22, 2014

kicksave27

Nov 29, 2007
Couts is just a beast defensively, he drives Crosby and especially Malkin nuts. I'm not concerned if he doesn't become a 60pt player, he plays some of the hardest minutes in the league and likes it. You will likely play the pens in the playoffs and you'll need him.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Pittsburgh Penguins were defeated 5-3 by the Team That Were Playing The Pittsburgh Penguins, thanks NBC! Never before have I listened to such a one-sided commentary on a neutral station in my life. Professor of Hockey eh? Where's your PhD now dickface?

...and Couturier love. Man love. Gay love.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Couturiers final shift of the game was one of the best defensive shifts i've seen from a forward in my life. Seriously.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
70%+ defensive zone starts. 3 points. Couturier is such a beast. With Bellemare and soon to be Laughton, I really hope they loosen his leash and let him get some more offense going. I think he gets 45-55 points this year, and will hang around 50-60 for his prime.

Last edited:

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Couts is just a beast defensively, he drives Crosby and especially Malkin nuts. I'm not concerned if he doesn't become a 60pt player, he plays some of the hardest minutes in the league and likes it. You will likely play the pens in the playoffs and you'll need him.

Reminds of how Joel Otto was important for Calgary for many year when they played the Edmonton dynasty.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I could have sworn that the Pens coach invented hockey with how brilliant he was at keeping Crosby away from Couturier's line. How'd that work out for him?

Pretty much this. That rant was so over the top. Pierre was at an extra level of insanity last night.

His non-stop pimping of Simmonds was also insane.

MadFerIt95*

As annoying as he can be, I enjoy listening to pierre. I love his enthusiasm for the game even when he makes somewhat bizarre statements

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I hate it. I couldn't possibly care less which uni they played for. Pierre is stuck in the past, give us some more relevant information. Yeh, he's like rain man with their background but who the hell cares?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah, I also noticed how they go overboard with the Simmonds praise.

I love Simmonds, I think he's an awesome player and he seems like a great leader for this team too, but the way they talk about him would make it seem like he's a top player in the league to someone who doesn't watch much hockey. Just on the Flyers alone both Giroux and Voracek are better players, but neither of them gets talked about even close to as much as Simmonds does by NBCSN.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, Simmonds is pretty darn good, he's Hartnell without the big contract (though he'll get one in a couple years, but at age 26, not 30) and the mind fart penalties and a lot more speed. He's definitely a core player.

And they are starting to add these guys, for all of Holmgren's mistakes, when he dumped Richards and Carter, he didn't get taken to the cleaners. Voracek, Giroux, Couts, Read, Simmonds, Bellemare, Raffl, that's seven nice forwards, if Schenn could learn how play wing (or get traded for one), Laughton, Leier, they're pretty solid for years. If guys like Cousins or Straka can step up, even better. What I like is they have a good shot at three solid two way lines plus a fourth line that is more than a bunch of forechecking stiffs. The ability to come in waves is how you wear down teams limited to a couple talented lines and little else (which is what happens when you have to pay for "stars").

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/7019294-74/neal-penguins-nashville#axzz3H1vBBjOi

Although Neal doesn't have answers for the Penguins' playoff flameouts, he believes the team's course was altered permanently after falling to the Flyers in 2012.
“Why we struggled in the playoffs is still a tough question to answer,” Neal said. “I don't think anyone really can.”
Without prompting, the Flyers entered Neal's mind.
“I didn't watch the game (on Wednesday),” Neal said. “But I guess they lost again to the Flyers, eh? It's the same thing that went on when I was there. What the Flyers do to the Penguins ... I don't know why things didn't go the way they should have gone in the playoffs. I don't know why everyone got so rattled. But it's not my problem anymore.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/7019294-74/neal-penguins-nashville#ixzz3H21TjYmw
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
neal and nashville look pretty good.

Lavy was the right hire for that team.

Lavy's system works great if there's a good defense to support the forward's run'n'gun attack. We had that before losing Pronger, Nashville has it now with Weber, Jones, etc. They even have a great goalie instead of a MFL.

Their forwards might not be top 15 in the league, but at least they'll be more capable of producing without playing a strong defensive system like Trotz employed. Their D and G is more than capable of handling the occasional odd man rush the other way.

I hope they make a move to trade for LeCavalier before the deadline in an attempt to bolster the offense :naughty:

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Lavy's system works great if there's a good defense to support the forward's run'n'gun attack. We had that before losing Pronger, Nashville has it now with Weber, Jones, etc. They even have a great goalie instead of a MFL.

Their forwards might not be top 15 in the league, but at least they'll be more capable of producing without playing a strong defensive system like Trotz employed. Their D and G is more than capable of handling the occasional odd man rush the other way.

I hope they make a move to trade for LeCavalier before the deadline in an attempt to bolster the offense :naughty:

his system is even better when he has an actual NHL goalie on his team.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Yeah, Lavi's making the Preds look great right now. If he can get a little more offensive firepower, they're going to be dangerous.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
If the Avalanche and Predators could combine forces, it could make one of the scariest young teams in the league.

The Nasharado Predalanche. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad