GDT: GDT #63 New York Islanders @ Anaheim Ducks | March 10th | 8:00 PM | F/W 6-1

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
we are now -9 in goal differential for the year .. I think we were -28 before the 6 game streak

and not to be splitting hairs but I believe we are a net -12 or -14 in ENG and another -3 in the goals awarded for shootouts so, so would actually be plus if we count actual goals during running time with goalies in net lol
We had a 7 game losing streak and a 7-0 loss. Puts us near even in differential, which is about right on par where this team is IMO

Reactions: 19 in a row

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Where all these sad sacks! C'mon, Negative Ninjas where you hiding?
Well, the Negative Ninjas aren't really wrong. The team is fighting for a bottom playoff spot, just as most predicted. Personally, I would have kept the core 5-6 and tried to sell off as much of the rest as possible. That said, here we are. So hopefully they'll make the playoffs and pick off a team or two.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Well, the Negative Ninjas aren't really wrong. The team is fighting for a bottom playoff spot, just as most predicted. Personally, I would have kept the core 5-6 and tried to sell off as much of the rest as possible. That said, here we are. So hopefully they'll make the playoffs and pick off a team or two.
They are 2 points with 2 games in hand from 3rd in the Metro.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
They are 2 points with 2 games in hand from 3rd in the Metro.
And? From a points standpoint this is semantic. Look, I'm happy they're back in a playoff spot and I'll root for them til the end. But this team is not winning the Cup and is likely one and done if they make it. It's really past time for a rebuild. Especially since they have no farm.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
We rag on Engvall, but he has been much better and effective under Roy.

I mean, there's few players you could say that isn't the case for.

True and true. But I do think Engvall stands out a bit since he was really terrible under Lambert this year - like maybe the worst forward. He improved from nauseating to merely frustrating. :laugh: I think he has the talent to elevate his game further - would be nice.

Last edited:

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
unless you got a really good package for Palms and Nelson, we keep rolling.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
And? From a points standpoint this is semantic. Look, I'm happy they're back in a playoff spot and I'll root for them til the end. But this team is not winning the Cup and is likely one and done if they make it. It's really past time for a rebuild. Especially since they have no farm.
If they make it?

You need to pay attention.

There is no rebuild not with Sorokin Barzal Dobson and Horvat and it is not semantics landing 3rd in Metro.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
There was a lot of talk a few weeks ago about point percentage and how it was going to be impossible to overcome the difference. Well, the team is now 6th in the conference in point percentage.

I don't know if they'll stay there but it's nice to see a little resiliency. I still think it'll come down to the wire. They need to keep getting regulation wins.

Reactions: Osakahaus

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
True and true. But I do think Engvall stands out a bit since he was really terrible under Lambert this year - like maybe the worst forward. He improved from nauseating to merely frustrating. :laugh: I think he has the talent to elevate his game further - would be nice.
Engvall is basically Oleg Kvasha but in todays game. However, he's a decent bottom 6 player as of late. Dude can ball out when needed. Probably finishes the year with lets say 28 points, which aint bad.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
unless you got a really good package for Palms and Nelson, we keep rolling.
I'm sure a really good package could have been had for them. Tough call for Lou. I don't blame him for standing pat, but do think the tear down should have started a year ago.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I'm sure a really good package could have been had for them. Tough call for Lou. I don't blame him for standing pat, but do think the tear down should have started a year ago.
realistically, since it was a buyers market, would take Nelson on?

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Engvall is basically Oleg Kvasha but in todays game. However, he's a decent bottom 6 player as of late. Dude can ball out when needed. Probably finishes the year with lets say 28 points, which aint bad.
I think Engvall is better than Kvasha. I'm sure some people won't like this comparison, but Engvall kind of reminds me of what Bob Bourne was like earlier in his career before he became a more effective player. People remember Bourne fondly now based on his later work, but earlier on he caught a lot of grief from the fans.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Funny but if Nilbury (intentional N) didn't try and make him anything more than a 3rd liner, he would have been fine here. The illusion that he was a top six guy was just that.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Romanov tsking during gameplay. :laugh:

I can almost hear the, "eh eh ahhhha - do not hold Romy's stick"

What a goofball, I love it.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Aho has been okay since being recalled?
1710159698410.png

Ad

Upcoming events