GDT: GDT #63 New York Islanders @ Anaheim Ducks | March 10th | 8:00 PM | F/W 6-1

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Nice win, winning the ones we have to but it will only get harder. I think we are in the middle of 4 B2Bs in our. last 20 games. And the schedule gets much tougher in a week.

Keep it rolling.

Reactions: PWJunior and SI90

NittanyIsle

Feb 16, 2013
Let me ask a question to the group...this team makes the playoffs, do you bring Aho and Reilly back?

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
A great third period for the Isles, as they clamped down on the Ducks after the first 2 goals (which I missed due to dinner), and still found some room for Clutterbuck to snipe his second of the night, to which I screamed as that was the only goal I saw for the period (second of the game).

Reactions: Potvottier

NittanyIsle

Feb 16, 2013
I really think Reilly is going to get offered a new deal here. I don’t think Aho will be back but he’s played well and I’m sure if he can keep this up he will get offers somewhere.

I definitely want Reilly back, personally. For a bottom pairing guy he offers a decent skillset with the puck. I'd like him a lot better with a partner who can clean up when he jumps forward and is faster than Mayfield.

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
A great third period for the Isles, as they clamped down on the Ducks after the first 2 goals (which I missed due to dinner), and still found some room for Clutterbuck to snipe his second of the night, to which I screamed as that was the only goal I saw for the period (second of the game).
Correction: I saw 3 goals in the game, 2 for the Isles.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I definitely want Reilly back, personally. For a bottom pairing guy he offers a decent skillset with the puck. I'd like him a lot better with a partner who can clean up when he jumps forward and is faster than Mayfield.
He’s a Leddy lite, skates and moves puck well. He’s a little adventurous defensively sometimes but has played better under Roy. Considering we got him for free is pretty amazing.

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
He’s a Leddy lite, skates and moves puck well. He’s a little adventurous defensively sometimes but has played better under Roy. Considering we got him for free is pretty amazing.
he's basically what the islanders need for insurance on the backend. Perfect 6/7 guy that Bolduc wasnt

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
we are now -9 in goal differential for the year .. I think we were -28 before the 6 game streak

and not to be splitting hairs but I believe we are a net -12 or -14 in ENG and another -3 in the goals awarded for shootouts so, so would actually be plus if we count actual goals during running time with goalies in net lol

Edit: didnt see that SI basically said the same thing already

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad