GDT: GDT #63 New York Islanders @ Anaheim Ducks | March 10th | 8:00 PM | F/W 6-1

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
How do you know?
Nobody knows, of course. Health is so much of the picture.

Looking at what Carolina has throughout the lineup is a bit daunting, though. Not saying that means anything about what NYI has or should have done. Just saying that I think their roster in every place except net is scary good.

Reactions: beach

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island

Looking at what Carolina has throughout the lineup is a bit daunting, though. Not saying that means anything about what NYI has or should have done. Just saying that I think their roster in every place except net is scary good.

But in net is scary, very scary if you are a Canes fan. The isles will go as far as Sorokin can take them.

Reactions: Potvottier

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005

Florida and Carolina look to be the cream of the crop in the east. On paper at least.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers finish 2nd in the division. And if the Isles finish 3rd, I'd like our chances.

Reactions: Potvottier

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Florida and Carolina look to be the cream of the crop in the east. On paper at least.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers finish 2nd in the division. And if the Isles finish 3rd, I'd like our chances.
Florida is probably the best team and I still feel like they'll fall apart because of Tarasenko

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
If they make it?

You need to pay attention.

There is no rebuild not with Sorokin Barzal Dobson and Horvat and it is not semantics landing 3rd in Metro.
Crap, I wasn't paying attention! Thanks for the condescending remark triggered by a perspective that does not align with yours. Very mature!

"If they make it?" This isn't a question mark for you? And do you not understand that securing third in the division with say 94 points vs getting the last playoff spot with 92 points does not affect the team's overall stature? Still qualifies as barely making it in.

When should a rebuild happen? Only when you don't have 5 core players? No team would ever rebuild then. Again, it's exciting to see them playing well and vying for a playoff spot, but a rebuild is overdue. And if handled correctly, it
How do you know?
I smoked some ganjavi and the vision came to me.

Reactions: Ishkabible

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Crap, I wasn't paying attention! Thanks for the condescending remark triggered by a perspective that does not align with yours. Very mature!

"If they make it?" This isn't a question mark for you? And do you not understand that securing third in the division with say 94 points vs getting the last playoff spot with 92 points does not affect the team's overall stature? Still qualifies as barely making it in.

When should a rebuild happen? Only when you don't have 5 core players? No team would ever rebuild then. Again, it's exciting to see them playing well and vying for a playoff spot, but a rebuild is overdue. And if handled correctly, it

:)

I'll answer the question in bold. When the team is not a playoff team. Then you can dismantle and rebuild. Otherwise you're wasting opportunities.

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
His Dad, Beach Sr., told him "Son, you are a son of a Beach, and that makes you a genius"

Beats being a Mellon any day.

Hey Vanessa, what's with the midget? (just in case the Mellon referral gets a blank look . . .)
Hey now
1710184158576.png

:)

I'll answer the question in bold. When the team is not a playoff team. Then you can dismantle and rebuild. Otherwise you're wasting opportunities.
The words of the poet are written on the subway walls.

SI

Feb 16, 2013

I can tell you when you don’t do a rebuild when you have a Norris and Vezina caliber d man and goalie a- talent like Barzal and Horvat and a NEW f***ING BUILDING!

You don’t build winning culture with waving the white f***ing flag in the middle of a f***ing playoff race.

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills

Last edited:

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I can tell you when you don’t do a rebuild when you have a Norris and Vezina caliber d man and goalie a- talent like Barzal and Horvat and a NEW f***ING BUILDING!

You don’t build winning culture with waving the white f***ing flag in the middle of a f***ing playoff race.

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills
5067896-Friedrich-Nietzsche-Quote-To-the-mediocre-mediocrity-is-a-form-of-2168461709.jpg

Reactions: MJF and Ishkabible

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Really loving watching MacLean out there. That sixth goal was ALL about his relentless boardwork. What a breath of fresh air he's been.

In general, we've seen two straight games where the Isles have played teams they should beat handily and they've gone out there and beaten them handily.

That's so doggone refreshing. Seemed like a foreign concept in recent years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad