GDT: GDT #55 New York Islanders @ Pittsburgh Penguins | February 20th | 7 PM | F/5-4 OTW

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Only saw the third. Nice shot by Pelech, and Barzal looked like one of the best players on the ice (I see he also had a goal).

Reactions: Konk

Green

Nov 13, 2019
That's the strategy, try and eek your way out of the 5x5 in regulation and hope you win in the crap shoot 3x3 OT and Shoot out, unfortunately if this team by some miracle makes the playoffs the gimmicky 3x3/ shootout isn't in the playoffs

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
This team actually can't win in regulation, it's insane...maybe @periferal was right, they should fire GMLL and the next GM should literally sell off Barzal, Dobson, Horvat, Sorokin...

Your sarcasm is noted, but I want to get on record that I never said "sell off"/trade any of our top 4 players.

(that said other than Nelson those are about the only players who would return anything of value in a trade)

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Your sarcasm is noted, but I want to get on record that I never said "sell off"/trade any of our top 4 players.

(that said other than Nelson those are about the only players who would return anything of value in a trade)
You never were in favor of a rebuild? Because, if you were and you got your wish and the Isles did start a rebuild a couple of years ago, then Horvat is never here in the first place. Sorokin would not have extended with the Isles and would be gone. You may as well trade Barzal since he'll be well over 30 by the time the team is in the playoffs again. So you're left with Dobson, but after the 7 or 8 years it would take for the rebuild to come to fruition Dobson would be old enough that the people in favor of a rebuild in the first place would be saying he's got to go for futures. :rolleyes:

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Even though I tuned in just after Holmstrom's goal in the second, the game was a quite a cliffhanger, especially after Reilly put the Isles up 4-2, after which Penguins tied the game, and stormed Sorokin especially towards the end of regulation. Pelech's 1st goal of the season in OT couldn't have come at a better time.

Reactions: Potvottier

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad