GDT: GDT #54 New York Islanders vs New York Rangers | February 18th | 3 PM | F/6-5 OTL

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
I can see over the course of the last few years , many more have filtered over to the dark side when it comes to Lou. I think Lou has done enough to say that it’s no longer a Snow team and he’s made it his own, unfortunately he’s boxed himself into a corner with no where to turn now but to accept he’s created a mess. I like the Roy hire and really hope he takes over for Lou as I think he has a good eye for today’s talent working with the young guys

Reactions: Nassau Revisited

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
Roy is definitely not angry enough in his presser. Is he trying to tone it down in his second stint?
I think he just knows this isn't his team and until he has pieces he wants and jettisons those he doesn't (including the assistant coaches he didn't pick) there's no use blowing a gasket and getting tuned out before he even gets a roster that semi-resembles what he needs to play how he wants.

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
I had to do some yard work and work out a little before I came to this site. It may be possible others have posted this but Mayfield needs a game or 2 from the press box in favor of Bortozzo.

There is a lot to say and digest from this collapse, but this is the best I got for now. See you all in a few days.

Reactions: Osakahaus

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Toronto got rid of dead weight like Engvall going into the playoffs. Lou not only traded for him he gave him 7 years. Lou is out of touch.
Yeah, that GM was so smart, he traded away first rounders for crappy players only to ever win one round of hockey with several elite players. Then, he went to another team and continued his train wreck.

Toronto traded Engvall bc they needed the roster space.

barz2

Jul 1, 2023
Not defending Roy, but hard to go scorched earth every time this team falls apart or plays poorly. He’s kinda boxed i a corner with a team that is completely lost
l agree to an extent, but hes been too satisfied overall... when was the last time he seemed pissed in a postgame presser? And he def had reasons to be!

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
its been that bad???
Not quite but close, 18 games played since the turn of the new year, 5 wins

1708306873571.png

1708306897143.png

Last edited:

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I think he just knows this isn't his team and until he has pieces he wants and jettisons those he doesn't (including the assistant coaches he didn't pick) there's no use blowing a gasket and getting tuned out before he even gets a roster that semi-resembles what he needs to play how he wants.

Plausible theory. While he doesn’t have to kick and scream, show some displeasure. Blowing a 4-1 lead after it’s been done a plethora of times this season is grounds for expressing displeasure, especially from a ‘fiery’ personality.

Reactions: barz2 and Osakahaus

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Plausible theory. While he doesn’t have to kick and scream, show some displeasure. Blowing a 4-1 lead after it’s been done a plethora of times this season is grounds for expressing displeasure, especially from a ‘fiery’ personality.
I hope that this just results in change come the new season. we need to get rid of Grandpa.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011

How does he give them any credit. I'm speaking of our team. Please Roy, don't start saying and sounds like our shithead captain...Please.

Roy is definitely not angry enough in his presser. Is he trying to tone it down in his second stint?
THIS....What the Hell Roy.....How about kicking some ass and calling out these guys in the media. That's what they need. They need to be embarrassed in the media by you!!!

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
The outside games are very difficult to play well. It’s just different. Anyone saying the Islanders played poorly didn’t watch the game. The first 35 minutes they played extremely well. Then the Rangers pushed.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
The outside games are very difficult to play well. It’s just different. Anyone saying the Islanders played poorly didn’t watch the game. The first 35 minutes they played extremely well. Then the Rangers pushed.
The one consistent truth is this

the islanders will continue to die from idiotic penalties and terrible deployments.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
How does he give them any credit. I'm speaking of our team. Please Roy, don't start saying and sounds like our shithead captain...Please.

THIS....What the Hell Roy.....How about kicking some ass and calling out these guys in the media. That's what they need. They need to be embarrassed in the media by you!!!
They practiced all week, he has been hard on them but let’s face it he doesn’t have enough here and he knows it. The good players are very good but there aren’t enough of them snd the aging veterans are falling apart. The roster and leadership needs to changed, some will happen by attrition with clutterbuck and Martin being free agents. I’d buy out Lee and start over with new leadership group( probably Horvat as captain?). Core gave it shot, nice runs to conference finals but for most part that’s done now and it’s time for changes to roster.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
If this team had a league average PK, they’d have minimum 5 more wins.

They play the most passive PK in the league and it shows. The equivalent to prevent defense in the NFL.

The fact they have not fixed it is mind-boggling to me

Reactions: scottywiper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad