GDT: GDT #51 New York Islanders vs Tampa Bay Lightning | February 8th | 8 PM | F/W 6-2

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
new job basically kills any chance of me watching isles games. Good win boys.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Obviously great to be scoring/winning, but given Tampa lost Sergachev, played last night, and didn’t play Vasilievskiy, a grain of salt is needed.
True but also they did it.
Ray Ferraro is the only professional ESPN has on the crew tonight. They have a bunch of Matt Moulsons
He's terrific
Amazing the night and day of this team between Roy and Lambert

Pelech looks MUCH better, Pulock has been great, team is fast and aggressive

Lane should have been gone so much sooner
People outside of LI have no idea how bad Lambert was

Reactions: Bill Herlyn and MJF

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Interesting how they really spread ice on defense tonight, only 13 mins for Romanov tonight and Pelech was 2nd fewest with 17.
Wonder if Romanov was benched.

High Mayfield TOI after the big lead was obviously appropriate. We know kucherov is a dirtbag loser, and they know Mayfield is also a dirtbag.

(I don't mean kucherov is a loser, only a dirtbag when he's losing.)

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Very excited to see the Isles defend the blue line, and be more aggressive on the PK.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
First goal of the season for the 2nd unit PP. Nick Paul was the perfect screen. Excellent screen on Horvat's goal. Romanov and Reilly were both good. Mayfield is still laboring out there. Perhaps when Bortuzzo comes back they can give him a night off. His shift 5 minutes into the 2nd was indicative of his lack of mobility. Almost gave up the equalizer there. Dobson's poor decision on TB goal 2 is hopefully something that gets addressed under the new regime. Still too much of that in his game and Houda doesn't seem capable of fixing it.

Good to see Zeke back. A little puck luck for him as well.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
After reading the TLB thread, Im thinking they should change the name of their team to the Tampa Bay Kucherovs.

Everyone else is trash.... "wrap it up, game is over.. keep Kuch on the ice to get more points"

simply mindnumbing. Must be the sun.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
You see it as a complaint. It was an observation.

Are you seriously telling us you wouldn’t have been *more* impressed if Sergachev and Vasilievskiy played tonight and they still won (and by the same score).
I'd be even *more* impressed if it was a game 4 sweep of the Canucks in the SCF. But since that wasn't the case, I'll be happy with an emphatic win against a Sergachev-less TB. Crazy I know.

Reactions: PJGooch

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Wonder if Romanov was benched.

High Mayfield TOI after the big lead was obviously appropriate. We know kucherov is a dirtbag loser, and they know Mayfield is also a dirtbag.

(I don't mean kucherov is a loser, only a dirtbag when he's losing.)
Why is Mayfield a dirtbag?

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Why is Mayfield a dirtbag?
He's very tough to play against, likes to crosscheck nonstop. He'll pin guys to the boards and hold them until ref yells at him even if puck is 12 feet away at that point.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Can Malkin and Ledecky petition to not have any Islanders games on ESPN until they stop giving them second fiddle treatment to highly profitable sports like cornhole, frisbee golf and hacky sack? Should have shifted the 86 minute ending to that women’s basketball game over to the Ocho and made their 10 followers have to change the channel.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
He's very tough to play against, likes to crosscheck nonstop. He'll pin guys to the boards and hold them until ref yells at him even if puck is 12 feet away at that point.
This I know. I was not sure if that definition was the intent. I'm not sure dirtbag would be the term I'd use.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Can Malkin and Ledecky petition to not have any Islanders games on ESPN until they stop giving them second fiddle treatment to highly profitable sports like cornhole, frisbee golf and hacky sack? Should have shifted the 86 minute ending to that women’s basketball game over to the Ocho and made their 10 followers have to change the channel.

Here's your answer

More Viewers Watched LSU-South Carolina Women’s Game Than Celtics-Heat TNT Broadcast​

Twice the number of people watch women's BBall on ESPN than NHL hockey

Women's Softball Tourney ratings nearly triple ESPN playoff hockey

Reactions: Metnut

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Here's your answer

More Viewers Watched LSU-South Carolina Women’s Game Than Celtics-Heat TNT Broadcast​

Twice the number of people watch women's BBall on ESPN than NHL hockey

Women's Softball Tourney ratings nearly triple ESPN playoff hockey
Essentially what we’ve seen since the ESPN deal is a pushing of ESPN+ for hockey so they don’t truly have to broadcast games on TV. We get maybe 1 game a week on ESPN yet they pushed the deal like it was a great idea. Next to no marketing on social media or highlights posted anywhere.
Just put on Sportscenter and watch how they gloss over hockey as a sport like it’s some random MLB signing of a AAA pitchers for the Kansas City Royals. It’s marketed terribly and nothing is done to push the game for the outside viewers.

Reactions: leeroggy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad