GDT: GDT #51 New York Islanders vs Tampa Bay Lightning | February 8th | 8 PM | F/W 6-2

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Yes, all true. But again Isles didn’t just squeak out a victory. They pretty much dominated start to finish in just about all aspects of the game.
It wasn’t like the Lightning sent out a pre-season B Team. They still have lot of skill on the ice.

Yes the Bolts played the night before and it showed, yes Johansson was dreadful in goal, yes their bottom 6 has a few nobodies, but none of that should diminish what the Isles did to them.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Did you not only read my post, but fully digest it? Then did you read Seafoam's post and digest taht as well? Not sure the answer could be "yes" to both and you're going off on your tangent here. We both said the exact same thing, but since it appears that you had a preconceived notion about my point, you only replied to, and attacked, me.

Just consider it.
Unfortunately once you garner a certain reputation (fairly or unfairly) people have a visceral reaction to your posts and have no problem twisting the content of your message to suit their preconceived notions.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Unfortunately once you garner a certain reputation (fairly or unfairly) people have a visceral reaction to your posts and have no problem twisting the content of your message to suit their preconceived notions.

Bingo. So well said. Thank you.

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
Well the difference is that the Lightning won back to back Cups and were not playing a hall of fame goaltender a defenseman better than any of ours minus Dobson.

When the isles are 100% healthy we're still only fringe playoff team, so not exactly apples to apples.
… we’ve only been a fringe playoff team, largely due to the horrendous coaching staff we’ve had since Barry left… if we made the coaching change before Thanksgiving, like we should have, I think we’d be in a much different position today… certainly not a cup, contender, but definitely ahead of the likes of Philly and what not.

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
… we’ve only been a fringe playoff team, largely due to the horrendous coaching staff we’ve had since Barry left… if we made the coaching change before Thanksgiving, like we should have, I think we’d be in a much different position today… certainly not a cup, contender, but definitely ahead of the likes of Philly and what not.
Maybe, but at the end of the day that’s just an optimistic guess. We saw the same no-show performance yesterday under Roy that we saw 50x under Lambert.

Reactions: Throttle

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
A number of players started to tune out Barry in year 4, disappearing for long stretches, that didn’t happen in years 1-3. Happened under Lambert, happening under Roy. This is who most of these players are. Some will be sunset naturally, others will stick around and continue to do the same.

Reactions: Potvottier

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Maybe, but at the end of the day that’s just an optimistic guess. We saw the same no-show performance yesterday under Roy that we saw 50x under Lambert.
It doesn’t bother me that we threw a clunker yesterday. Roy’s team is now a work in progress. It’s just frustrating that it happened with only 30 games left in the season and we blew a golden opportunity to separate some from. The teams right behind us, and lost ground to the teams we’re chasing.

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
A number of players started to tune out Barry in year 4, disappearing for long stretches, that didn’t happen in years 1-3. Happened under Lambert, happening under Roy. This is who most of these players are. Some will be sunset naturally, others will stick around and continue to do the same.
… I don’t know if they tuned him out or just really got behind the 8 ball with everything that happened to us earlier in that season and we were just never able to recover.

… it’s gonna take more than a couple of weeks with a new coach to undo a year and a half of bad habits…

Reactions: MJF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad